Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 meter mobile?

SK Member 8/11/2015

10 meter mobile?

Can anyone recomend a replacement transceiver for my Radioshack htx-10? I'd like one thats comparable to htx-10 if there is one.I only use ssb on it.

Find another one, or an HTX-100. Stick with "designed-specifically-as-ham rigs", they are built better.

That being said, there's something special about a Connex witha Rebel Faceplate, eh?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

SK Member 8/11/2015
    I just missed one on qrz.com for $90.00 shipped.It sold fast. I'd love to find another one.someones looking at mine to see if its fixable.

HTX-10 and HTX-100s show up on eBay pretty regularly. Like everything else ham radio related there, they usually go for more than they're worth but if you wait long enough sometimes you can land a deal.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by kk4fpx View Post
    Can anyone recomend a replacement transceiver for my Radioshack htx-10? I'd like one thats comparable to htx-10 if there is one.I only use ssb on it.
    Albrecht 485(?). It's a copy of the HTX-10.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Yea, there's an older Magnum 10 meter only rig that has the HTX guts in it. Don't remember the model.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

HR2510/2600.

Converted CB rig.

Ten-Tec Scout.

Did Mizuho or NGC make a 10M monobander at one time?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Yea, there's an older Magnum 10 meter only rig that has the HTX guts in it. Don't remember the model.
    257. There's a minor difference between the HTX-10, 257, and Albrecht 485 - The HTX-10 had a programming fuse blown, to prevent switching between 11/10; and was only able to to 10 meters. The other two can switch between 10 only, and 10/11 operations. Otherwise, they are the same (Magnum 257 also has a blue backlight).
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

I bought the HTX-10 for $50 from a hamfest at the bottom of the solar cycle. I have a HTX-100 I bought for $30 from Radioshack on clearance (!!!) Nice little rigs.

btw you should troll radioshack from time to time. You will never believe the gems you get. In the early '00s I looked at the RS stores in NYC and found quite a few things. I even got a PRO-2080 trunk tracker base scanner for $20.

SK Member 8/11/2015
    Ijust bid on a htx-10 on e-bay 5 seconds before time ran out.It went to the bidder whose bid was already posted?