Thread: GE PA went south. looking for parts anyone got any of these....

GE PA went south. looking for parts anyone got any of these....

Need a few 100Ohm 2 watt carbon composition resisters.
    Brown Black brown gold.

need to replace the load balance resisters in the GE PA. Anyone got a few laying around?
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Scrounged the boxes, nope, sorry...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

ordered some carbon film, hopefully they will work, would have loved to used some original carbon comps. but only person that seems to have any wants $4 a piece for them and I ain't paying that.

Quote Originally Posted by W2IBC View Post
    ordered some carbon film, hopefully they will work, would have loved to used some original carbon comps. but only person that seems to have any wants $4 a piece for them and I ain't paying that.

Sorry, I just saw this. I think I can help you out, which way did you come in?

How many do you need.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Pisser. I just went out and looked and that's one of the few we are out of. Sorry. Actually, if you ordered the 2 watt flameproof, it is a much better device, although I understand you're wanting to try to keep the amp aesthetically the same. We have it in just about every other configuration, but in that application, as I'm sure you know, wirewound won't do.

Hope I didn't get your hopes up too high. So sorry please.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Pisser. I just went out and looked and that's one of the few we are out of. Sorry. Actually, if you ordered the 2 watt flameproof, it is a much better device, although I understand you're wanting to try to keep the amp aesthetically the same. We have it in just about every other configuration, but in that application, as I'm sure you know, wirewound won't do.

Hope I didn't get your hopes up too high. So sorry please.
    yep wirewound won't cut it for this project, like I said I went ahead and ordered some carb film's they *should* work. kind of a pisser that finding CC are well rare these days.

yep wirewound won't cut it for this project, like I said I went ahead and ordered some carb film's they *should* work. kind of a pisser that finding CC are well rare these days.
    it appears the carbon film are working. at least for now. sadly now I have to go this weekend and redo the cable from the rpt to the controller. blah

it appears the carbon film are working. at least for now. sadly now I have to go this weekend and redo the cable from the rpt to the controller. blah
    The fun of being a repeater owner.........you know you are doing a good job of it by the number of QRMer's and jammers bothering your machine
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    The fun of being a repeater owner.........you know you are doing a good job of it by the number of QRMer's and jammers bothering your machine
    not much of a problem on 440, unlike the 2m stupid band.