Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: Intros

Quote Originally Posted by KN4JQU View Post
    Hello i am KN4JQU my name is Tom i live in Mt Airy NC also called Mayberry USA. I have been into two way radio sense 1969. tryed to get my ticket back in the 70s but all ways just missed on the CW. finely got my ticket about a all most 2 years ago. Just finished putting my shack together and now studying to upgrade.Attachment 16630

Hi Tom...

Welcome... and is that a 736r?
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Hola Carlos,

I can understand you're getting sleepy on half a pint, Aussie and European beer is good stuff mate, Yankee brew is panther piss. It's the legal standards that make it half of what it should be. Now if you want rocket fuel, we cook up 180 proof Kickapoo Joy Juice out in the woods by the light of the moon, moonshine in a jar. Then they put it in a hopped up car, and drive fast down Thunder Road to a buyer. Those races with the cops fast running behind them evolved into NASCAR for those who like to sit at Indianapolis Speedway spending the day watching them drive in a circle for 500 miles, that's 804.672km for the rest of the world that went French. Those like Jim Beam and Jack Daniels went legal, char the inside of barrels, fill them with shine and wait 4 years. After the angels take their cut it comes out bourbon, they water it down and bottle it. I've heard that somehow they squeeze the barrels to get the devil's due, don't know more about it.

In the Li'l Abner strip, Kickapoo Joy Juice was an alcoholic beverage distilled in a cave with an undisclosed location (for revenue reasons) near the Dogpatch area by characters Lonesome Polecat & Hairless Joe. Thunder Road is a black and white 1958 drama-crime film directed by Arthur Ripley and starring Robert Mitchum.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by N2SR View Post
    KJ3N ? Call sounds familiar, but I don't know him personally.

I know that contesting isn't for everyone. Some people like to chat with others on the air, and that's great.

As a colleague in work commented to me a few weeks ago, "So you don't operate casually?" "Nope. I have a logging/DX program running continuously, and I'm connected to the spotting cluster. If something is spotted that I need, on a band or mode, and I'm in the shack, then I will try and work it. Otherwise, I'm doing something else."

Different strokes for different folks. Nothing wrong with either.
    KJ3N is one of the ops behind KS3D. And is the self-proclaimed "Most Hated Ham in Delaware." (I don't believe that for a microsecond, but that's what he has on his QRZ bio page)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

This thread still works. Good to see.

Welcome to all new members here from the Netherlands ;)
    See? they even adopted me......
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Hello my name is Bill. My interest in radio starred in trade school 1969 industrial electronics. Build simple radio as class assignment. Got hooked on cb radio Lafayette Comstat 19 with Turner Plus 2 base mic. Lic Koa 0597. Started building heathkit radios, audio, scanners, news photographer now retired. Got my ticket in 2000 now going for general. Currently yaseu ft 5 and hot spot running fusion and trying to understand wires x.
    AI5GJ
    WROI607

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Mark Twain

Welcome to the Island, Bill!

I am your bartender and as per our tradition, your first tiki drink :)

Hello Bill, welcome to the Island, relax sit down have a drink ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Welcome, Bill!
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Hello N8yX pleasure to meet you also pull up to the bar drink waiting.
    AI5GJ
    WROI607

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Mark Twain