Thread: Bridgecom Systems & Ham Club Inquiry

Bridgecom Systems & Ham Club Inquiry

So, a friend of mine in the WASH club got the following email the other day. He forwarded it to me for my opinion (what, like I know anything?) before passing it on the current club leadership.
    ---------------------
    Date: November 9, 2021 at 5:27:37 PM EST
    To: [ redacted ]
    Subject: Ham Club Inquiry

Good Afternoon,

I emailed you a few weeks back to introduce myself, but now I need a favor from you!! - I am trying to put together a list of Ham Clubs around the US and am looking to get involved with the leadership of these clubs!

If you are part of a Ham Club could you please respond with the name of your club, and where it is based out of? -

If you would be willing to pass my information on to the president, if they would reach out to me I am looking to do some sort giving back to the clubs!!

My email is - Josh@bridgecomsystems.com and my Direct Line is 636-205-1705

73!

---------------------
    Now, Mike did NOT receive an earlier email. But this is just a boilerplate sent out to any ham that they have an email for.

I know Bridgecom Systems is big into DMR for Commercial & Amateur Radio, and that they've had some equipment give-aways to try and drum up interest. I suspect that is an opening salvo for one such campaign.

Anyone else get an email like this, or has had their club (if they belong to one) do some kind of promotion with these guys?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

bridgecomm has always had super aggressive marketing...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

I heard back from “Josh.” Turns out, he’d like to do a DMR presentation for the club. Had a heck of a way of asking... nothing like dealing with a drama queen... but OK, whatever works.

He’s now the incoming Club President’s problem.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

SPAM You know what happens when you reply to spam, you know what to do with spam. 'Nuff said?
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.