Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Intros

Island Regular
    I don't think it can be "envy" since it is only guesswork !
    Frank

Hello from a brand new member! WD4ICJ here...handle is Ron...recently retired from commercial radio broadcasting, so have time now to get back on HF ham radio. Been a long time! Hope to be active soon on 80, 40 and 20 AM with an old Knight Kit T150-A.

Another interest tho --- Has anyone tried Part 15 operation on 13.560mhz? Pt 15 allows considerably more field strength there than on the CB band, for example, especially since it's measured at 30 meters instead of 10. I hope to try it soon for some REAL QRP!

Also in the market for a Globe Scout 65-A. Had one as a kid ---- thought I had bought another one several weeks ago, but it looks liked I was scammed. Anybody have one? '73s! Ron WD4ICJ, Palm Coast, FL

Quote Originally Posted by WD4ICJ View Post
    Hello from a brand new member! WD4ICJ here...handle is Ron...recently retired from commercial radio broadcasting, so have time now to get back on HF ham radio. Been a long time! Hope to be active soon on 80, 40 and 20 AM with an old Knight Kit T150-A.

Another interest tho --- Has anyone tried Part 15 operation on 13.560mhz? Pt 15 allows considerably more field strength there than on the CB band, for example, especially since it's measured at 30 meters instead of 10. I hope to try it soon for some REAL QRP!

Also in the market for a Globe Scout 65-A. Had one as a kid ---- thought I had bought another one several weeks ago, but it looks liked I was scammed. Anybody have one? '73s! Ron WD4ICJ, Palm Coast, FL
    Top of the morning to ya, Ron, and welcome to the Island!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Hello Ron, and welcome. You'll enjoy retirement and wonder how the hell you ever found time for work.

The barkeep will be along shortly. Enjoy the cocktail and don't put your eye out with the umbrella.

eddie
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Orca Whisperer
    Welcome to the shores here Ron :)
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Welcome to the Island, Ron. I haven't experimented on 13.560MHz—too many other things I want to do on the regular ham bands first—but it sounds like it might be fun. Please keep us informed of your progress.

Barkeep, set this man up with the umbrella drink of his choice and put it on my tab!
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Welcome to the Island, Ron. I haven't experimented on 13.560MHz—too many other things I want to do on the regular ham bands first—but it sounds like it might be fun. Please keep us informed of your progress.

Barkeep, set this man up with the umbrella drink of his choice and put it on my tab!
    There's no more room on your tab. It's worse than the national debt.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    There's no more room on your tab. It's worse than the national debt.
    Not true! My tab is less than $1 million!
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    And a hearty welcome to you, too, Ron. I see our Island Bartender, Charles has already set up up. Enjoy!

What rx you suing with that T150-A. By any chance an R-100? That was my step-up rx from an AR-3 and I LOVED it! If ya don't have one, that'd make a wonder vintage radio. My R-100 lived up to all of Allied's specs. It was fabulous!

Again, welcome to the island!

If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.