Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Intros

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detroit View Post
    Hello all,

Despite my screen name, I live in Cleveland, Ohio, the aptly named "Mistake on the Lake." Looking forward to moving back to semi-rural upstate NY as soon as someone there will hire me. I'm an Extra Class ham and also hold a Canadian Advanced amateur license. My 12-year-old son just earned his Tech license and we're very proud of him.

I have an interest in getting CQ's WAZ (worked all zones) award, but, after almost 25 years in the hobby, I still need zones 23 and 26. I am the perfect definition of an underachieving ham. Hope I fit in here OK.

If you're not already bored nearly to death: I hold 3 FCC commercial licenses (Radiotelephone with Radar Endorsement, GMDSS Op and Maint., and Second Class Radiotelegraph). I'm also the author of a best-selling book on the history of the Second Amendment.

I will probably hide behind the "Dr. Detroit" moniker for awhile until I am sure that most people here are as crazy as I am. Eventually I'll share a link to my web page where a more complete recitation of lies is available (actually everything I wrote here is true ... for a change).

Dr. Detroit
    Funny, you don't look like Dan Aykroyd.

Welcome, welcome. 2nd drink is on my tab. Feel free to borrow my beach chair, down on the south side of the outside bar. It's the one with the unobstructed view of the attire-optional ladies-only beachfront... don't tell my wife...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Hello all,

Despite my screen name, I live in Cleveland, Ohio, the aptly named "Mistake on the Lake." Looking forward to moving back to semi-rural upstate NY as soon as someone there will hire me. I'm an Extra Class ham and also hold a Canadian Advanced amateur license. My 12-year-old son just earned his Tech license and we're very proud of him.....
    Hi Doc. I am in the process of moving to east of Cleveland. I will soon be operating 2M FM from the 22nd floor. I hope to work some Islanders nearby soon. I don't know if you are weird enough for this group, but 'normal' is a math term. It's all good.:cool2:

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Welcome to The Island Dr. D...
    The collection of personalities here is a little unusual and not for everyone.
    Frankly, I can't wait till late November when the tension subsides just a little.
    I do hope you find a home here and enjoy your stay.
    ...and do wear your glasses around the bar, we've lost three eyes already this year do to malfunctioning Chinese drink umbrellas and one unfortunate drunken EZ-hang antenna party mishap. ;)

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Thanks for all the welcome notes. This Island is a goodly, righteous and blessed land, and I shall dwell here.

Dr. Detroit

Thanks for all the welcome notes. This Island is a goodly, righteous and blessed land, and I shall dwell here.

Dr. Detroit
    Grass skirts are hanging on the fence on the pier nearest the shore. You will find yours there. Optional thigh straps are available for those who need them at the concierge's office located on the mezzanine in the Alpha Hotel. Custom tailoring available.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Optional thigh straps are available for those who need them
    I got the last of the XXXL, though.

—Pope Carlo l
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Welcome to our sunny shores. Hope you enjoy the stay.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Banned

Dr. Detroit
    Have it your way. Your loss. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I got the last of the XXXL, though.

—Pope Carlo l
    Yeah, for your nose, Pinocchio. :roll:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Yeah, for your nose, Pinocchio. :roll:
    The Pope has "thunder thighs." :rofl: