Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Intros

I always wondered why the Tiki is so angry, then it dawned on me. All that alcohol can't compensate for getting those little umbrellas stuck in his head!

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Hello. I have a lot of reading to do before I will be posting much but hope to hve some fun and contribute according to abilities. Electronics has always been good to me. It's a healthy and wholesome activity for today's nuclear family. The station here is always evolving and I try to keep things appropriate, for example when AM is used, as much of that path is through tubes as possible, and the reverse is true for digital experiments which are at the other end of the scale. In between, technology is mixed and even equipment is sometimes fused together to do interesting stuff. I'm as happy working with with large class B modulators as with new semiconductors and SMT layouts. So I hope I can add to the fun here and learn some new stuff.

hello and welcome to the island

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to the Island, Patrick. Belly up to the bar and order yourself the beverage of your choice. And don't settle for any lousy well drinks, go for the top shelf stuff and put it on the Vatican's tab. They never pay it anyhow.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 05-19-2016 at 07:18 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Welcome to The Island. The grass skirts are in the changing stall at the land end of the of the pier. Enjoy your stay.

Have a shot of gin on me! I just use it to clean up old coils, or make them look cleaner to me at the time.
    HF_10K_pi_coil.jpg
    Last edited by KD5OEI; 05-18-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Well that's a switch. No one's ever offered the Island Bartender a drink before. Let me mix us up a little something.
    Fresh key limes.
    Sapphire tonic.
    Ice made from imported mountain spring water shipped direct from Asheville NC.

It just occurred to me........I don't think I've ever formally introduced this or my last callsign on this thread. Oh well, youze all pretty much have figured out who I am, so pass me another (insert favorite vice here) and lets have some fun! Oh, in case you don't know, it's ME.

There. Wasted some more bandwidth. Neener neener (;-})

Didn't have to say quuck either

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    It just occurred to me........I don't think I've ever formally introduced this or my last callsign on this thread. Oh well, youze all pretty much have figured out who I am, so pass me another (insert favorite vice here) and lets have some fun! Oh, in case you don't know, it's ME.

There. Wasted some more bandwidth. Neener neener (;-})

Didn't have to say quuck either
    ME? Quincy?

That. Is. Priceless. Quuck!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful