Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Intros

I mrant cross bar.

If you haven't heard of the outfit, look up American-Milspec. They occasionally list Cubic stuff for sale on their site.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

What I do need badly is the seven pin acessory plug on the back of the D. Don

I was wrong mine is 9 pin. It was driving mr crazy, I knew I had seen these. While laying in bed it hit me where, on the back of my lathe dro. So out to the shop I went, sure enough that was it. So checking ebay, there they were. So bottom line no stinking plug needed. If you need part number for amphenol let me know. Don

There were two versions of that circular Amphenol connector (7 and 9 pin) used with Cubic's various gear. A$k me how I know... :-|

BTW, an eBay seller was offering the voice scrambler module which plugs into one of those connectors...on the Astro D.

ETA: Still there. Do a search for "TCC 105RP".
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

So another person who does not sleep regular hours. My D that was stolen had a scrambler like that. You should here the racket they make in a regular radio. That damn tuner is still driving me crazy, could it be it was not a Cubic product? I know it connected to the large molex on the back of the radio. Funny that the dro had the same exact plug as the radio and the manual even gave the part number.

I take you foun out the hard way about the 7 and 9 pin plugs? I have a instillation manual for the D, dated 1982, if you need a copy.Don

Quote Originally Posted by KC4TIR View Post
    I take you foun out the hard way about the 7 and 9 pin plugs? I have a instillation manual for the D, dated 1982, if you need a copy.Don
    I have almost every manual printed for those rigs, Don - with the exception of the ST-4. It's a Cubic product, all right...at least the one I have is. Connects to the rectangular Molex receptacle on the back of the set. There is band info and control sequencing data present on the lines. In the tuner itself, a 74154 decodes the band data lines and engages a rotary switch to "preset" the tuner range by selecting taps on a coil. One tunes the antenna system via adjustment of compression trimmers for each band of interest.

The two circular Amp connectors are used for various things on different models: None of my Astro 15xA (amateur band coverage) have them, all of my Astro 150C rigs use both types and my Astro D has the 9 pin type for audio and PTT I/O.

Some Cubic rack mount goodness. Presented here is the so-called "Cubic Kilowatt", of which 20 were made. It's combined with an even rarer Astro-DR, which will eventually be connected to that ST-4 I mentioned.

IMAG0144.jpg

The ATU on that thing uses the same forward and reflected power meters as my ST-3B.