Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Intros

Banned
    Welcome Ron. I have a solar powered beacon on 13.5605. I also used to be a broadcast engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    Welcome Ron. I have a solar powered beacon on 13.5605. I also used to be a broadcast engineer.
    Used to be? Honey, once a broadcast engineer, always a BCE. It's an "in the blood" thingy. We are a dying breed. I wonder how many of them today can run radial readings on an AM or do a proof. It's been so long for me, I don't even know if that has to be done anymore with all the dereg and what not. I would think you would to ensure compliance with rules, regs, and station license parameters.
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 12-18-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Just thought i would complete the union mandated greeting post, the names Jamie and i live in sunny south wales ( about 30 miles from cardiff). Glad to be a member of this here forum provided we dont have badges saying Full Member (mw0uzo will know what i mean )

Owdy mate. Welcome to the island shores. Pull up a rock, relax, and our pub tender will be along shorty to serve you an umbrella drink or an ale. I'll join you, and we'll put them on Carl's tab.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Nice to meet you, Jamie and welcome to The Island. I think you'll find the natives friendly and the umbrella drinks to your liking—especially since all drinks here go on my tab, which I never pay.

I see you're a fan of the digital modes so perhaps we can make a PSK31 QSO one day. With my wimpy little station, it's my preferred mode of operation as well.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Hi Jamie,

So do tell...
    Is ARSE an actual radio society that doesn't translate well across the pond?
    Or is it a hilarious, intentional spoof designed to make me laugh my ARSE off, like I did?

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

its the radio society of great britain 'arris gb, they having a lot of problems and basically cant tell their arse from their elbow

Hi Jamie - and welcome!

I recently got into PSK31 - perhaps I can put you in the log on 20-10M some time.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0cdy View Post
    its the radio society of great britain 'arris gb, they having a lot of problems and basically cant tell their arse from their elbow
    Well Jamie...you have certainly found the right place.
    Welcome to IOMH!

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Welcome aboard! Or as I like to say, Welcome Abroad!