Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Intros

Quote Originally Posted by KC4TIR View Post
    I am new to the list. I guess I belong on the island because I like Cubic and Signal One radios.
    Don KC4TIR
    Welcome, Don!

If ye seek things Cubic, I have them measured in tons ...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by n0iu View Post
    But don't believe anything you read here...

"You fucked up, you trusted us!"
    They even took the things we didn't steal!
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I am new to the list. I guess I belong on the island because I like Cubic and Signal One radios.
    Don KC4TIR
    Welcome, Don!

I live in San Diego, the home of Cubic (which still exists, BTW—they make fare collection machines for public transit) and I own a Cubic ST-3B antenna tuner.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 02-01-2015 at 08:14 PM. Reason: ST-3B, damnit

ASTRO D

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Welcome, Don!

If ye seek things Cubic, I have them measured in tons ...
    I would like another ASTRO D.
    DON KC4RIR

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Welcome, Don!

I live in San Diego, the home of Cubic (which still exists, BTW—they make fare collection machines for public transit) and I own a Cubic ST-1B antenna tuner.
    ......and basically you have to watch out for that BeeSo character.....really watch out for him.

Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

hey!!!!! If you will not sell me an Astro D at least sell me an ST 4.

hey!!!!! If you will not sell me an Astro D at least sell me an ST 4.
    An ST-4...help me out here. Is that the remote control random wire tuner which was offered to mate up with the Astro D and Astro 150C versions?

I do have three -Ds sitting here at the moment and all three are going to need some work. I may sell one of them.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

The st 4 came in some suit cases, I used mine with an outback antenna. The bad news is it was stolen. I bought another system and it has an st 5 in the case. my plan was if I could find an st 4 I would leave the system intack oter wise I am going to use the astro d, which works fine, in my jeep wrangler. This would give me ten meters and cb. I have 3 of the 150a ubits, all need work. Also have you ever seen a mobile mount for the 150 or astro d?

The st 4 came in some suit cases, I used mine with an outback antenna. The bad news is it was stolen. I bought another system and it has an st 5 in the case. my plan was if I could find an st 4 I would leave the system intack oter wise I am going to use the astro d, which works fine, in my jeep wrangler. This would give me ten meters and cb. I have 3 of the 150a ubits, all need work. Also have you ever seen a mobile mount for the 150 or astro d?
    The commercial version of the MMBX mini-matcher? The ST-5 tuner is the only one I've ever seen packaged with the suitcase Astro units.

An ST-4 remote matcher (of which I have a prototype) is almost as big as the suitcases themselves.

I have heard of a mobile mount for the Astro series but haven't seen one. Since the rigs are the same width as the Swan Astro, a Swan mount could be used as well.

I guess I am wrong, it has been almost twenty years. But I thought I rembered not having to do much to tune the whip. I am sure that it looked different than the ST 5. I guess I will make a mount because I do not have a 150 mobile mount. I welded up the gross bar mount for the jeep and have it installed so onward ever onward. Don