Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Intros

Thanks for the warm welcome, I think. I'm coming out of my shell, I'm a true lurker.
    "Two is One, One is None"

"I used to think people were attracted to me because of my charm and personality
    but my doctor just told me it's because I'm so fat that I have my own gravitational pull!"

Quote <KA9MOT> : The Truth!
    ‎"The problem with posting quotes off the Internet is you never know if they're genuine."--Gen. George Washington at the Battle of Gettysburg, February 30, 1908

Completely sorry about that...you did set me up rather well. ;)
    My name is Trey...welcome to The Island. What brings you here???
    Other than great entertainment with a fine blend of technical knowhow?

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post
    What brings you here???
    Other than great entertainment with a fine blend of technical knowhow?
    It's Pat's fault, he posted a link on "the zed" that said he was hated here, I knew that couldn't be true, no one can hate Pat. After lurking a bit I thought the place was kind of cool, in an odd sort of way. The political overtones are a little harsh but if that is as bad as it gets I think I can handle it. When do we start drinking?

"I used to think people were attracted to me because of my charm and personality
    but my doctor just told me it's because I'm so fat that I have my own gravitational pull!"

‎"The problem with posting quotes off the Internet is you never know if they're genuine."--Gen. George Washington at the Battle of Gettysburg, February 30, 1908

If you're waitin' on us...then you're backin' up.
    I'm sure The Bartender will be along soon...He's kinda like OPEC of the place, only he doesn't charge.
    and it is a cool place to hang out and be exposed to differing opinion.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Thanks! I'm going back to "lurker mode", I'll be here if you need me. :cool2:

Quote Originally Posted by WR1O View Post
    Hello, is it safe to come out?
    Yes indeed..... welcome ...... and what Bob said about goat night at the bar is true..... Bob was the one who started it!!!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by WR1O View Post
    When do we start drinking?
    Barkeep? That's your cue!

As far as the political stuff goes, if you don't troll and back up your statements with verifiable facts (which does not include merely linking to places with a political axe to grind, such as the Fox News or Daily Kos Websites), you'll find that we're not all that bad.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post

As far as the political stuff goes, if you don't troll and back up your statements with verifiable facts (which does not include merely linking to places with a political axe to grind, such as the Fox News or Daily Kos Websites), you'll find that we're not all that bad.
    .....and if you're not Canadian the excuse can be that all that political stuff is because you're American......
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

<snip>

<snip>

Mark,

Welcome!

The Forbidden Zone is the only true "political" subforum here, but we don't get our panties bunched if someone inadvertently starts a politically oriented thread in one of the other ones. We'll just move it.

So...what's your favorite mode/band/rig? Are you a boat anchor fan, or does your shack consist of strictly bleeding-edge equipment?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."