Thread: ??????????

Banned

Question ??????????

I hear stations in Europe and the mideast constantly asking for west coast stations only. Why do stations in Asia never call for east coast only?

it is a mystery
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Orca Whisperer
    This guy knows:

Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Because they are a bright people and already know the WestCoasters won't listen anyway?

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post
    Because they are a bright people and already know the WestCoasters won't listen anyway?

that makes sense.

Have you ever considered left coast may be rare double hop DX for them? Another thing to consider, you've probably heard of the California kilowatt curtain, well the lefties contend with the righties only I don't know what they call it. The intent of west coast only is to mitigate the damage but any DXer knows some don't listen to the onlys.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Perhaps because it's much harder to reach a west coast station from Europe? Hell, the only time I ever even came close to being on the receiving end of a pileup was when I was working digital into France one night. Had another station waiting for me every time I finished up with the previous QSO and ended up working a half-dozen or so in just a few minutes. It was like being in Bizarro Word or something—us Six-Landers are not used to being in demand like that.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Perhaps because it's much harder to reach a west coast station from Europe? Hell, the only time I ever even came close to being on the receiving end of a pileup was when I was working digital into France one night. Had another station waiting for me every time I finished up with the previous QSO and ended up working a half-dozen or so in just a few minutes. It was like being in Bizarro Word or something—us Six-Landers are not used to being in demand like that.
    There just wasn't enough of you to go around Carlo.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger