Thread: Dayton

Banned

Dayton

I have reservations at a cheap sleazy hotel south of town. But I plan to be there for the second time.

Hope to see folks there.

Since we're coming up on crunch time, so to speak, thought it was time to bring this thread to the forefront.

Reminder -- if you're going, let's try and meet up somewhere for an informal eyeball.

I should be there all day Friday & Saturday, but I have some forums to attend Saturday afternoon.

... and yes, I know that some of our, ah, off shore brethern are planning to meet on Saturday around 12:30 at the ARRL Expo area. I am NOT suggesting that we rub their noses in our pina coladas (or other bar beverage with an umbrella in it of your choice).
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I'll have to break out my DILLIGAF patch for that one. Or we'll be hanging around the Drake Gang. Maybe in the fleamarket.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

OK. Tell you what.

IF you are going to be at Hamvention... lower flea market, near the perimeter fence, you should see a small tent with the WACOM club banner on it. No, that's not my club... but WACOM & WASH have a lot of overlap (they're the Washington County club, we cover the South Hills area which includes northern Washington Co along with southern Allegheny Co) & we all get along pretty well. I'll probably be down with the WACOM guys noon-ish on both Friday & Saturday having lunch, so if nothing else, look for me around there, around then.

If you're not going, don't worry about it.

Oh, K3AIR will be picking me up mid-afternoon tomorrow. If we don't spend most of the trip BS'ing, I'll be doing a little mobile DX'ing. We'll see.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Didn't fit in to my plans this year. For those of you going, have fun, maybe wear some rubber boots and a life jacket in the flea market area. If you're a first timer, blow off the Hamvention all together on Sunday and spend the day at the National Air Force Museum over at Wright-Patterson.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Truth. ↑↑↑
    You never know when one of those shit volcanos is going to erupt randomly through the asphalt.

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    'ECI:

If you're a first timer, blow off the Hamvention all together on Sunday and spend the day at the National Air Force Museum over at Wright-Patterson.
    Or a second, third, etc.-timer! That museum is outstanding and a nice break from the craziness. And if you go, let me know if the headphones are still plugged into the mic jack on an ART-13!
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.