Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good Ol' Boys Club

Well, I'll miss you and your biting wit.
    Do as you will.:(

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Jesus, Kelli, that's harsh. If you have facts, present them; just don't go off with the idea that everyone is against you. Granted I haven't been on this site as long as many, but in the time I have been here, I've never seen you treated much differently than anyone else. Just about all of us have been held to task for a position we have taken on one thing or another, but I don't recall any instances of the things you claim have happened to you. In fact, I recall pretty much every one supporting your choices in life, and were happy to see good thing happen to you, and were supportive when things weren't so good. I can't believe this is all just because of the existence of a non-public forum that you are not a part of. Again, if you are going to attack the members of the Island, put out the reasons you feel you were singled out and mistreated. I, for one, would like to know. On the other hand, if you don't have the time or desire for the hobby or this forum, just say so; or if you're just tired of the place and want to exit with a bit of drama, Adios.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Kelli, I will miss your sharp wit. It reminds me of John Lennon's sharp comments. You have been supportive of me on the board, and pm's. I have a feeling that this thread will force some sort of change in IOMH's policy as it is a living, liquid, policy. I am looking for the potential positive results. You have genuine passion in your belief system, and I applaud your passion. I am passionate on some issues as well. I was invited by the admins to edit one of my posts because it violated TOS for the Island. I complied, and I am glad I did. I am thinking of advice given to me years ago, "you are what you post". I try my best to live like that. I do take issue with some of my fellow Islanders in their remarks that who you are is a "choice" that you made. I am a member of the LGBT community, and I know it is not a choice. In my life the only "choice" I made was to live a lie. When I made the decision to stop living a lie, and accept myself for who I really am was a liberating experience. I think your experience was similar. I can tell you that the staff here recently cut me unprecedented slack for a thread I started, that I shouldn't have. I think they would have done the same for you under similar conditions. As far as my experience of this board, the good really out weights the bad by a huge margin. As far as I am concerned, you are always welcome here. I think my concern is shared by the majority of Island members.

Fair thee well my lady.

Tim aka N8TB

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Witch Doctor
    Deleted
    Last edited by WN9HJW; 08-03-2013 at 09:30 AM.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

^^^^Right foot of fellowship^^^
    Last edited by suddenseer; 04-27-2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Cannot remember

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

:rofl:

Some would argue that it's the left foot around here...
    Last edited by WØTKX; 04-28-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Well, there has been a noticeable upsurge in hokey-pokey lately.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post
    Well, there has been a noticeable upsurge in hokey-pokey lately.
    Bush's/Obama'sRomney's fault.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Damn. I go on a little vacation for a week with nothing but a phone and limited access and this is what happens.
    Jebus people! I. Can't. Leave. You. People. Alone. For. A. Minute.
    From now on, plastic cups only and no more matches or lighters!