Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Good Ol' Boys Club

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    There are a lot of great repeaters here in the New York metro and tri-state area. I have had some really nice conversations on a few of them. There is one particular repeater on VHF across the Hudson from me that really slams into my area. A HT with a rubber duck and 2 - 5 watts is all that is needed.

Only thing that has changed here is that, with the exception of 1 major repeater that is extremely busy, many of the "big league" VHf repeaters around here are much quieter than they were back 10 or 20 years ago. There are also a couple of smaller repeaters that were nice but seem to be gone. These days i am told a lot of the repeater action has shifted onto UHF leaving the VHF repeaters underused. But, every now and then I can catch a good chat on VHF.
    There is a repeater system there that has a cross band 10M FM on 29.620. Every summer I have a pipeline to that system from Ohio. Have had many all night roundtables you NYC guys Rock!

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Big deal. Elton John married Renate Ruth Margot Blauelin 1984. Do you have any doubts about his orientation, these days?

Nope, Ian Hill isnt gay at all....i was tying it together with him, being a bassist, marrying Rob Halfords sister, who isnt a bassist. Six Degrees of gay rock stars (gay bass players edition - as started by Tim) sort of thing.
    Last edited by N7YA; 05-15-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    "All I know is what I don't know"
    "All I know is I don't know nothing"

-Operation Ivy
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

well this was a thread that wasted a few minutes of my life.. back to work on the computers...

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Hell, thats why i come here!

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    Hell, thats why i come here!
    Dont we all? Sometimes we just need to pull ourselves out of the dangerous drug known as reality and just chill with some good folks?

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    There are a lot of great repeaters here in the New York metro and tri-state area. I have had some really nice conversations on a few of them. There is one particular repeater on VHF across the Hudson from me that really slams into my area. A HT with a rubber duck and 2 - 5 watts is all that is needed.

Only thing that has changed here is that, with the exception of 1 major repeater that is extremely busy, many of the "big league" VHf repeaters around here are much quieter than they were back 10 or 20 years ago. There are also a couple of smaller repeaters that were nice but seem to be gone. These days i am told a lot of the repeater action has shifted onto UHF leaving the VHF repeaters underused. But, every now and then I can catch a good chat on VHF.
    I dropped off repeaters when I got a serious HF station.

Some machines were great but on others there was Too much of the same stuff.
    Last edited by N2RJ; 06-01-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Repeaters....aaah, havent been on one in well over 25 years. No plans for returning either.

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    Repeaters....aaah, havent been on one in well over 25 years. No plans for returning either.
    That makes me feel so "nub". You have not used a repeater in two and a half times (give or take) the length I have held a ticket.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

I got off the repeaters several years ago. Nothing but local club politics. Bickering about who could use. Having repeaters turned off when certain individuals came on. Stupidity in general.
    Lest we forget the threatening letters sent to site owners when the Mt. Mitchell machine was going to be moved. Letters sent by complete MOORAANS!