Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good deals thread

Good deals thread

Maybe this could be the thread for decent deals on consumer type electronics.

I've been spec'ing out a new desktop computer, but have half decided that the one I have will do fine. (Quad-core Intel, Win 7 32-bit, 4Gig RAM, but about 4 years old). Works pretty well for my purposes, but lacks a bit in the monitor department. Dual 1440x900 Hanns monitors; they were pretty cheap at the time.

Just ordered a pair of Dell Ultrasharp U2212HM HD monitors from Newegg -- $219 apiece and free shipping. Weekend special: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824260054

Been looking for a better set of screens, and this appears to fit the bill. HD and HDCP compliant (if you want to do BluRay), but this monitor also pivots for portrait presentation. Also has a built-in 4-port USB hub. I've seen these (have some at work) and am pretty sure I'll love 'em.

Real good deal at this price, so I ordered a pair.

See any great deals? Maybe this could be a thread for such stuff. Bought a Canon S95 camera off Amazon just before Christmas for $229 -- untouchable deal, but it only ran for a day. Love the camera (but have so many).

Just thinkin' aloud.

I'll toss this in:
    Where can I find one of these for under $150?

http://www.amazon.com/Wenger-70890-C...3760647&sr=1-4

Bang for the buck, the Sansa Clip 4GB MP3 (and damn near any format) player at about $40 is outstanding.

Bite me iPod!
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I'll toss this in:

Shows at $315 under Amazon Prime. Nice timepiece!!

And damn, I love wrist watches. Always had a real affinity with timepieces of any sort - way cool. Water clocks are the best. Gave up on it about a decade ago mostly because time is a construct of teh debil and if you can't figure out the time within 30 minutes just by being awake, well... Half kidding. Haven't worn a wrist watch in a decade now, but still have a band around my wrist from wearing watches as a kid. Got a Casio "Atomic" watch that I only wear on vacation these days. Cost me $30 at Target, and it really does adjust for DST on it's own. From aliens in space.

Timekeeping is really an artform, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Bang for the buck, the Sansa Clip 4GB MP3 (and damn near any format) player at about $40 is outstanding.

Bite me iPod!
    I'll stick with my 2nd gen ipod shuffle. I got it in '06 just after it started to ship and it's been my daily driver ever since. It's been through the washer at least twice, the dryer once, and clipped to the collar of my shirt under my bunker gear for more fire calls than I can remember. Solid and reliable. I don't like the iTunes software due to it being a memory hog and the whole package updates every few weeks, but can live with it.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Well sure, if you already have an iPod. No offense.

I got one of these Timex watches, and it was less than $30. Love the "green face". The digital display does multifunction, and covers two time zones in 12 or 24 hour format. Use a leather band, not the hippy dippy one that came with it.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I got one of these at Target for $30. Wear it twice a year on vacation. It sets itself from aliens in space.

Actually, I kind of wish it would give up the ghost so I could buy a new shuffle.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I've got a few Timexes. Current favorite is the perpetual calendar with the cockpit instrument theme. Came with a crap band that I changed over to metal.
    Ah, the price was dropping on the Wenger but when I checked back at Amazon they jacked it back up. Screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I'll toss this in:

I just did a quick check on Pricewatch, and this came up

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wat...ID=207442&fp=F

They also show a model 70893 for $235. It appears the watches are very similar except for the face color, but there could be other differences as well. It's not under $150, but still better than $300+, FWIW
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL