Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: inverted v antenna

SK Member 8/11/2015
    Second try.Yes I'm using coax feed line with 6 inch 6 coiled balums on all my antennas.I'd like to try and contact some of you on 28.400 when get it back up.I'll be K4ECE.

Quote Originally Posted by kk4fpx View Post
    Second try.Yes I'm using coax feed line with 6 inch 6 coiled balums on all my antennas.I'd like to try and contact some of you on 28.400 when get it back up.I'll be K4ECE.
    Some of the older Islanders have the same problem, however, it has nothing to do with antennas.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    If you use balanced feed line and a link coupled tuner you need only cut it for 160, 75, or 40 and you'll be good to go on 20, 15, and 10. case and point, my inverted vee doublet) is cut for 75/80 metres and via the tuner it tunes, loads and performs great on 75, 40, 20, 15 and 10.

But if you want to go with a coax fed and no tuner you can do a fan dipole or something similar.
    I could never hold reasonable SWR on 40m with my 75m Vee. Worked wonders on 75/20m though. I have used fans as well with good results. Ended up putting up a loop for 75/80. I found myself transmitting on the loop and receiving on the Vee.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by kk4fpx View Post
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    If you use balanced feed line and a link coupled tuner you need only cut it for 160, 75, or 40 and you'll be good to go on 20, 15, and 10. case and point, my inverted vee doublet) is cut for 75/80 metres and via the tuner it tunes, loads and performs great on 75, 40, 20, 15 and 10.
    There is a catch. Yes you can do that but you'll have nulls on the higher bands. It won't be omni.

But yes, it works in a pinch.

What's a balum?
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    What's a balum?
    It's what you do when when water starts coming through a hole in the bottom of your rowboat :)
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt!

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

SK Member 8/11/2015
    Sorry I miss typed,I meant balun.lol

I recall an article by W4RNL (SK) showing antenna plots that show an Inverted Vee cut for lower bands and used on higher frequencies also quickly becomes a cloud warmer... When to far removed from the fundamental frequency it's cut for.

Not too useful on 10 meters. Make it a fan.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

SK Member 8/11/2015
    Got my fan inverted v back up.instead of single point conection I seperated the 40 meter from the 10 meter by 6 inches.I haven't checked the swr yet but I made a contact with El Salvador on my 25 watt Radio Shack 10 meter transciever.