Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of digital interface do you use?

What kind of digital interface do you use?

I need to get a new one. My RigExpert bit the dust. Loud HUMMMM on the output. NOt the cable.

I've been looking at the TigerTronics SignaLink but it's audio only, no CAT. But the price is right. Anyone use one of these?

Not looking to use my PC's built in sound card. I want one that uses a USB cable. The reason is that I often use Skype or watch TV when working digimodes on the radio.

Orca Whisperer
    A home brewed one, connected to a USB sound card (Turtle Beach, $20 at Target).

I had a hum, but resolved it with a ferrite bead on the mic cable.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

I've been using the Navigator for several years. Probably not in your price range.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

SignalinkUSB here and a $3 CI-V cable off ebay. The Flex I just use virtual audio cables.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I have two of the Rigblaster PnP units. CAT via Keyspan USB to serial.

But I mostly use VAC into the Flex as well.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I've had two of the Singalinks for some time now, and haven't had any problems. I use one for the QTH and the other is a traveler. The cables are easy to make, and the internal jumpers are a breeze to change, especially if you make up different ones using IC sockets. Other than homebrew units, I can't say how they stack up to others, but I like them. I've tried just about every program for digital ops and haven't experienced any problems there either.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

SignaLink USB here. No complaints at all and I've given it quite a workout over the last couple of years including at Field Day 2011. Over 120 QSOs in about eight hours operating time without a single glitch from the interface.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Rigblaster Pnp...
    Has worked flawlessly for years.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Master Navigator
    Another vote for SignalLink USB. Mine works great.

I had the older Signalink SL-1 prior to the USB version and the noise floor from the internal soundcard on the computer was a LOT higher than it is with the USB version. Volume adjustment with the USB version is also a snap with the pots on the front. Much better than trying to adjust via software sliders.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.