Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New ARRL Membership Benefits

New ARRL Membership Benefits

The ARRL is excited to announce two new membership benefits that will be introduced in June 2012.
    In addition to the print copy of QST, all members will have access to an online digital edition of QST -- at no extra cost. You will be able to access QST from anywhere -- on nearly any computer, laptop, mobile device, smartphone and tablet (including Apple iPad, iPhone, iTouch and devices using the Android operating system).
    Read the full story at http://www.arrl.org/news/coming-soon...rship-benefits

Long overdue!!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Wow. That right there might get me to re-up. I let my "thang" with the ARRL lapse three years ago, it just seems like "low value" for the most part. I just didn't like the magazine much anymore... throwing it out or keeping it got old. No electronic version of QST was a big reason for me.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

And here's the best part:

Members will also gain access to archived issues of QST from December 1915 to the present; previously, only issues through 2007 have been available to members. If you are familiar with the current periodicals archive, that platform will be expanded to include all of QST from December 1915 through December 2011.
    It will be great to have access to all those old issues—there's still a lot to be gleaned from them.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Still not joining. YMMV
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post

Still not joining. YMMV
    All righty, then.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    All righty, then.
    The resident malcontent is just playing his part.

I'd be interested in joining again, but I'll defer that until they cease their unholy alliance with the Winlink network. Other than that, I have no current issues with the ARRL.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    The resident malcontent is just playing his part.
    Damned straight. ;)

I just don't see the benefit. Never have. Their operations don't affect my day to day ham activities, and I never give them a second thought (ok, not even a first thought). They could close up shop tomorrow and it would take at least a couple of years for me to notice.

Again, YMMV.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

I'm guessing they are going to use zinio for qst. not sure if that's good or bad.with their pc client I can print to PDF and keep it on file.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

I have been a member since before I was licensed. It took me a couple of years to figure out that if you wait until the last minute to renew, you can get free books. Finally getting something for the price. No ill will towards them.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15