Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WH6DWF Downgraded

WH6DWF Downgraded

In today's FCC bulletin, Todd Wilson WH6DWF got downgraded from General to Technician.

Reason being: He license was incorrectly authorized due to "an error made during the application process."

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...A-12-408A1.pdf
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Let's see that happen to a few more 313 regulars.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Ah but they're giving him time to protest, send them a wet tea bag and call them a bunch of morans.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Let's see that happen to a few more 313 regulars.
    A number of the "313 regulars" are Amateur extras I believe....... top level the FCC can give you I believe .....go figure
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    A number of the "313 regulars" are Amateur extras I believe....... top level the FCC can give you I believe .....go figure
    meh all the unid jammers just need tickets pulled and fines sent out.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by W2IBC View Post
    meh all the unid jammers just need tickets pulled and fines sent out.
    Agreed!

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

From what the FCC notification seems to say is that the examiner mistakenly said this gentleman passed as a "general" instead of a "technician" assuming that this guy is a new ham. If my understanding of U.S. amateur radio licencing goes, new hams must start at the technician level and do the exams for general level and extra level. They must do the 3 stage process,or am I off base with that?
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

From what the FCC notification seems to say is that the examiner mistakenly said this gentleman passed as a "general" instead of a "technician" assuming that this guy is a new ham. If my understanding of U.S. amateur radio licencing goes, new hams must start at the technician level and do the exams for general level and extra level. They must do the 3 stage process,or am I off base with that?
    You are correct although one can take all 3 tests in one sitting if one so desires.
    Now then, if the guy is trying to refute the mistake and claim General, then he's just being another dick.

You have to pass Element 2 (Tech Theory) before you can take Element 3 (General Theory), and you must pass Element 3 before you can take Element 4 (Amateur Extra theory). You can do them all in one sitting, or in combinations, but they must be taken in that order.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Its true. I took my 20wpm, then Advanced written, then Extra written in one sitting...wasnt fun for me, im not that kind of guy to enjoy that at all.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.