Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Instant Coffee

We do the K-cup thingy now.
    Almost too easy. You know you've had too much when you're still vibrating at 9pm.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt View Post

Delicate floral quality? Egads, I think I've been drinking douche!
    Quote of the month!
    Happy GH Day!

"Everyone has gone back to brewing."
    Maybe because instant tastes like it's dried sludge?

"A freash hot cup is always ready to be made, and this way I don't waste a half a pot, or have a pot go bitter before I get to it."
    My fresh hot cup is already made, yesterday's leftovers in the microwave. The key to keeping it fresh is keeping it cool, heat is what makes it turn swampy so I just turn off the heat. Why does BK coffee taste fresh when it comes out of a machine? There's a bag of concentrate in there, just add hot water. I guess the key is not removing all the water?

"Our golden Egyptian chamomile has a delicate floral quality..."
    I too noticed the similarity to Massengill. There's this story of Tony, scallions, a hot date and emergency mouth wash but you don't want to hear it.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

i had a keurig and gave it away. coffee wasn't strong enough, but was kinda expensive.

otoh, the french press rocks.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Too much water. K-cup should be (imo) used to make a 2.5oz cup of coffee. Made to simulate the flavor of an espresso. I find that the Nespresso caps do this much better than Keurig.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

I'd give up coffee all together except my employer has some funny ideas about what time I come to work and drinking beer during working hours.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    I'd give up coffee all together except my employer has some funny ideas about what time I come to work and drinking beer during working hours.
    I was kind of under the impression that your employer was cool with beer after 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I was kind of under the impression that your employer was cool with beer after 1pm.
    We get away with a little, but not in the quantities that I would prefer.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
    Too much water. K-cup should be (imo) used to make a 2.5oz cup of coffee. Made to simulate the flavor of an espresso. I find that the Nespresso caps do this much better than Keurig.
    There is a button for that on ours. I like the thing when I don't have time to sit and throw back a whole pot. Lynne (xyl) thought I was crazy for keeping the brewer and the grinder sitting on the counter when she bought the thing. We do both. It's all about time, and if you do it right, saves those tightass hambucks.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post
    There is a button for that on ours. I like the thing when I don't have time to sit and throw back a whole pot. Lynne (xyl) thought I was crazy for keeping the brewer and the grinder sitting on the counter when she bought the thing. We do both. It's all about time, and if you do it right, saves those tightass hambucks.
    Personally I like the liquid concentrate caps. That shit will knock your dick in the dirt. However, nothing beats a caffe style coffee from Italy. The Spanish do come damn close. Its no wonder they laugh at our espresso shops. Lets exclude starbucks..thats burnt horseshit. =P

That being said, whereas my favorite thing to order is a caffe con leche (latte), I can not resist a good ole fashion caffe Americano. Heh, Pilar calls this dirty sock water. She grew fond of panera bread while here because she does not like filtered coffee. I suppose having grown up on it, I just cant shake it. Not that I really have a desire to. Thank god mum enjoys English coffee and brews at home. (I dont see any difference between English coffee and our own. Both water filtered ground.)

If there is one thing I despise more than instant it is Turkish coffee. Just an aside.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"