Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding fests in Europe?

Finding fests in Europe?

So my google fu seems to suck. I cant find a list of many ham fests in europe. In fact all I can find are fests in Germany.

Anyone can point me in the right direction? Spain, France, Portugal would be better locations. Ofc, as long as it is summer I can make further trips. :) Hell, even England will work. But Id rather be able to drive.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Orca Whisperer
    Going from Spain to Germany is like going from Albany to Dayton... Not a big run there.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Going from Spain to Germany is like going from Albany to Dayton... Not a big run there.
    I know. The flight thing was about England. But still, there has to be a way for me to find hamfest in places other than Germany.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

I didn't have much luck either, I guess they're not as popular on The Continent as they are elsewhere. Perhaps people there have actual lives, or something. But here's a site you may want to check out.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

SK Member (10/28/2012) - Island Prude
    Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
    So my google fu seems to suck. I cant find a list of many ham fests in europe. In fact all I can find are fests in Germany.
    It's been a long time, but when I was in Germany most of the ham gatherings were more local in nature than they are here, and I doubt anyone would bother announcing them in anything but the regional newsletter. HAM RADIO in Friedrichshafen THE exception, it being the equivalent to Dayton here.

If Germany was any guide, then European hams are much more tied to their national associations than they are here, although that may be changing; ARRL may have affiliated local clubs, but German clubs are more like DARC chapters. 'BSO cited a Web page to the first pan-European ham group outside the IARU I've ever seen, and even they are a fairly recent creation.

I just verified that the DARC has a calendar on their Web site that seems to cover all of that country; I think your best bet is to check the Web site of the Spanish amateur radio association for a similar page and work from there.

Thank you.

Try the Spain-land and surrounding area's equivalent of Craigslist and weekly market flyers.

Maybe you can find a combo OctoberHamfest. What could be better than Drake Draught.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Maybe you can find a combo OctoberHamfest. What could be better than Drake Draught.
    Loon Lager?

I know we have a few Euro members on here. Maybe they can chime in and let me know of their local fests. Im not adverse to making a few hour drive, or even a weekend trip. Good way to meet up with fellow hams.