Thread: 8 Pin Din

8 Pin Din

I'm looking for some 8 Pin Din connectors with 262 degree spacing. The normal spacing is 270 degrees, and those I have plenty of. They are what Kenwood use to use on their VFO output, and Aux/VFO input on the older hybrids. I have found some, but $8 a pop is a little steep as I need about 8-10 of them, and usually pay about a buck each, and that source is out of stock and has no idea about delivery. Thanks
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Mouser and Digikey list them as non-stock, but the type is a Switchcraft 20GM8M/F.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Yep, that's it. I was hoping my wife might have some NOS at work, but no. I ordered a couple from K4EAA to get me by for now, but I'd like to get a hold of a few more to have around for some stuff I'm doing.

Universal has them for $9/ea. A little steep but in stock.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Yeah, I tried all the usual suspects. The last batch I got from NKC, but they've been out for awhile. Seems like the going rate is about 8 per and 15+ shipping. I'm sure somebody has a junque box full of them. I just need to find that omeone.........
    Thanks for looking around.

I think I still have a few 8-pin DIN plugs that fit the RS-422 serial port of "old-world" Macs but I don't know if they are 262° or 270° spacing and have no idea how to find out. If you know that they are what you need, they're yours for the price of postage.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Thanks Carlo, but I'm pretty sure those were 270. I've heard some say the 270 is more of a "U" and the 262 more of a "C", but I'm hard pressed to see it unless I have them side by side.

Probably just as well—those mini-DIN plugs were a bitch to solder anyhow.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

11 pages of them on FleaBay.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by W5GA View Post
    11 pages of them on FleaBay.

Thanks Doug. It's been awhile since I looked on there so I'll check it out. I don't think I've ever see the 262°, they've all been the standard 270°.