Thread: Just discovered Peter Coyote...

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar

Just discovered Peter Coyote...

Who he is from wiki...

In this video, "Where the Counterculture Prevails" he talks about the counter culture & what happened to it and where it is now. I was searching youtube for examples of 60's street theater & he popped up....

No wonder...

From wiki:

After a short apprenticeship at the San Francisco Actors' Workshop, he joined the San Francisco Mime Troupe, a radical political street theater whose members were arrested for performing in parks without permits. Coyote acted, wrote scripts, and directed in the Mime Troupe. Coyote directed the first cross-country tour of The Minstrel Show, Civil Rights in a Cracker Barrel,[1] a controversial play closed by authorities in several cities.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

I remember him from tv years ago, but can't remember where I saw him. It may have just been commentary on nightly news or something, I just can't recall. I do remember he wore a Native American looking suede jacket that was really cool, and I always wanted one. But it's not an item you find on the rack, at least not where I shop.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Would expect him to wear something like that. I'm surprised that I didn't know about him til yesterday. Really enjoyed what he had to say in the video. Fits with what I've seen.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.