Thread: 49ers vs Saints - what a game it was!

49ers vs Saints - what a game it was!

You're not a fan if you didn't enjoy every second of last night's 49ers/Saints game. Those two teams put it all on the line and played to the final whistle. The 49ers validated themselves when they started their final drive with 40 seconds remaining, and ended it with that Smith to Davis TD. Damned gutsy call to throw it over the middle like that for the game winner when they were in comfortable field goal range.

Best football game of the season, IMHO!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

That will make my father happy. He's been a 49er fan since before there was an NFL.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Yep , despite the rivalry , and being a lifelong Saints fan , I gotta give those guys credit . Their defense deserves much of the credit , but the fact is that they just outplayed the Brees machine . Good football , very watchable game .

Look for the Giants/Packer matchup today to be one of the best games ever today . The Packers under Aaron Rodgers have been nearly unbeatable , yet on a given day , the NY guys have the skills , and could prevail . I'll be rootin' for Eli's crew . Oughta be cliff-hanger football for 60 minutes , or possibly some OT to boot .
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

It was a good game.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Agreed, great game. Great 2nd half anyway, that's all I was able to see. Too bad the Broncos / Pats game wasn't as good. What a trouncing..

I agree, that was the most exciting NFL game I have seen for years. I thought for a moment that I was watching college ball, or maybe a hockey game broke out.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    The niners-saints WAS a great game. Trouble is...the cynic in me yells SCRIPTED when a game ends like that one did. But the fan in me says, "Who Cares?" It was good entertainment!

AND now the jints are in the Super Bow!!!!! Cue the fanfare!
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.