Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have any ......

Anybody have any ......

DDR2 PC2 They want to sell real cheap? It's for my kid's computer. The damn thing died and it had a 1G stick in it, so I guess I'm looking for 1 or 2 Sticks. I'm trying to avoid sending Crucial $32 for something that only does Lego games and school work.

If it helps, this is what I'm looking for: http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartsp...04989AA5CA7304

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Would 2 sticks of 512M, PC2-4200 work?
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Would 2 sticks of 512M, PC2-4200 work?
    I don't know.....if it were cheap, I'd be willing to find out. It should be backwards compatible. Crucial implies 2 sticks are the way to go.
    I can't do anything until the 20th though....wont have any funds until then.
    Last edited by KA9MOT; 01-11-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Looking at the link in your first post, you may run into a problem with RAM speed. What you linked to is PC2-5300. That's faster than what I have. It's usually not a good idea to use RAM slower than what the machine is expecting.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

And I don't want to sound like a dumb ass but I learned what PC2 was today. I have a drawer full of regular 400 MHz DDR....I just couldn't figure why none of that wouldn't fit in Stevie's eMachine..... I figured the eMachine used proprietary memory.....DOH! Learn something new everyday!

If you don't think it will work, I'll take your word for it, because I don't know.

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Lemme see what I got in the project bin. Will talk with my brother later tonight as well. Idk about 2g but I might have a few 1g laying around.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

I sold all my computer memory long ago, however I have some odds and ends left. As it turns out, I found four sticks of 512M PC2-5300 that are left. If you can use them, send me an address and I mail them to you.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I sold all my computer memory long ago, however I have some odds and ends left. As it turns out, I found four sticks of 512M PC2-5300 that are left. If you can use them, send me an address and I mail them to you.
    Very cool! How much? My address on my callsign look-up is good and as it is public knowledge anyway:

Steven Hays
    1124 E. Carroll St.
    Macomb, IL 61455

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

My wife has already left for work, so I'll send them with her tomorrow to mail out. We don't get mail very often out here. The coyotes ate the last pony express dude.

How much? N/C I want to do my part to further the hand/eye coordination of our youngsters. It might come in handy should he ever need to thumb his nose at his dad. :twisted:
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Well, I certainly thank you. Stevie does too, only he is not aware of it yet.

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL