Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to Buy----Want to Sell

Want to Buy----Want to Sell

WTB Looking for some metal clad mica capacitors of various but common values, interested in most any value. Also, I can always use (at the right price) some HF RF output transistors in the W52 flange mount package or T93 stud mount. Common numbers include MRF454, SD1407, etc.

WTS I have a very large quantity of IBM docking stations. Some have external supply (included) some are internal. They are for the T20, T30,T40, and possibly a few other series. I think some of the R and A series work with these, too, but not sure. One style is a Type 2878 mini-dock, and the other is a Type 2877 full size. Some of these may still have an optical drive or other extra in them. Many have 1 or 2 keys. $5ea plus shipping. There is all kinds of stuff inside of them, plus sockets galore. I'd be tickled to move them all, so if you computer gurus know anyone that might want them for whatever purpose, let them know I've got around 100-150+ of these things. I also found some desktop memory that I will send to whoever can use it for the price of postage. I will gladly split it up if several people need different sticks. FCFS They include:

4ea 512Mb PC2-5300
    2ea 512Mb 184 pin PC2700 333MHz
    1ea 2Gb PC2 -4200
    1ea 512Mb PC2-4200
    1ea 1Gb 240 pin DDR2 PC2
    1ea 512Mb PC 2700 333MHz DDR 184 pin
    1ea 1Gb 667 MHz PC2-5300
    2ea ??? each one has 8ea KT1285333413 chips on each side and have a sticker that has UM in bold green lettering on it.

Thanks
    eddie
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 12-16-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

I have a great big box (30lbs) of oil-filled and mica HV caps - assorted values. Interested?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

They need to be the type used for vhf/uhf stripline applications. They look like these.............

scj101.jpgswm602.jpg

Need to look in the "other" (other) junkbox for those. The caps I mentioned are suitable for bypass, filtering and coupling duties in heavy-iron AM and tube SSB constructs.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Yeah, these are for RF tuning/bypass/coupling in uhf/vhf transmitters/amps etc. Oscillation is a problem at the higher frequencies and the leadless caps are the only way to go. If the distance works out to be close, I might be able to use SMT style caps. I'll look at that if I can lay my hands on the MCM style. Thanks for looking.

Eddie,

Do you know if the T40 docking stations are compatible with on the T42 laptops? If they are, we'll talk about two.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Eddie,

Do you know if the T40 docking stations are compatible with on the T42 laptops? If they are, we'll talk about two.
    I'm not sure. Let me check it out.

Yes indeed they will. I was pretty sure, but I've only used them up to the T41.

Info on 2878 mini dock http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkP...-Dock#Features

info on 2877 Dock II http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkPad_Dock_II

The 2878 is lighter and a little more compact. The 2877 has more features including the ability to put in a 1/2 size PCI slot, and an ulta bay for a FDD or CD/DVD. If you opt for the 2877, I'll send you a FDD and an optical drive for each plus a spare and a spare docking station for parts should you ever need them. And the best part is..................I reduce the inventory a bit and get a wee more space to store some other crap.

Spoke with my boss. The good news is, he confirms that the T40 docking stations will work with the T42 laptop.

The not so good news... well, he had one more docking station than I realized.

The good news for me... we're going to make arrangements for me to acquire the T42 that doesn't have one. Reason being... it has a busted LCD screen. Someone had the security key for it sitting on the keyboard, closed the laptop without looking, and crunch. The unit itself works fine, so once I get it, it will go into the shack with an external monitor.

And this should work great in the shack, where room's at a premium. I can mount everything on a slide-in shelf out of the way, and free up space underneath as well.

So how about this... if they're still $5 ea + shipping, how about I take both a 2877 & 2878, just PM me on how to get the shekels to you. Ground shipping is fine, there's no immediate rush.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

You're going like the laptop. I've still got several T30s here. I have one in the wood shop, one the radio bench, one one the clock bench, and one for digital ops in the shack. Probably have a couple more I'm not using and will probably sell off here soon. The T41s were a major improvement over the 30s and the 42s even more so. The broken screen is no biggie as using an external allows you to use much higher resolution anyhow.

I'll drop a T30 on the stations prior to shipping, to be sure there are no issues. If you should have any problems, let me know; I'll make it right. I'll send you am PM a little later today with the details, film at ten.