Thread: Any marching band fans here?

Any marching band fans here?

If so, you'll want to see this performance of the Norwegian Royal Guard. The rifle drill team is awesome...the rifles used by these guys are U.S. made WWII M-1 Garand's, weighing in at a hefty 9lbs. and a bit more each...plus the bayonet. The really long trumpets you'll see with the attached banners are called herald trumpets, don't see them very often.
    http://sorisomail.com/partilha/16993.html
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Outstanding!

I'd love to seem them live....very stirring. And the hours they put in practicing? Wow!

Thank you very much.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Great! Wonderful! Fantastic!

Where'd you find this? I especially like the "Moment for Morricone". Good, Bad and the Ugly played by a marching band and drill team. YES!

BTW, No Sousaphones for these guys. Those were real tubas, and not light.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

I sent off that link to my two brothers-in-law. Both were members of The Kingsmen, a hot-shot Los Angeles area drum-and-bugle corps back in the early Seventies, and they were impressed. "They're bangin' " is how one of them put it.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by nx6d View Post
    Where'd you find this?
    I didn't find it, Jan...came via email from a friend.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I sent off that link to my two brothers-in-law. Both were members of The Kingsmen, a hot-shot Los Angeles area drum-and-bugle corps back in the early Seventies, and they were impressed. "They're bangin' " is how one of them put it.
    Yah! My youngest did the drum and bugle corp a few years back. For those that have never seen this, google "Drums of Summer". If they come nearby, GO SEE IT! If they come within a couple hundred miles, GO SEE IT!!!!