Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The things you find when you're cleaning out your junk..

The things you find when you're cleaning out your junk..

LDG AT-1000Pro automatic tuner with Icom interface cable and box. A few scratches on the top. $285 plus shipping.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Damn, You find some good chit in your junk man.......

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by KA9MOT View Post
    Damn, You find some good chit in your junk man.......
    Yeah. When I clean out my junk, all I find is, well, junk.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Me too. But it sure feels good to clean out one's junk.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    Me too. But it sure feels good to clean out one's junk.
    It's beginning to. This is line with the thought, "WTF am I doing with this stuff I don't use?"

I have no less than 5 tuners in this house. How many could I actually use? Two?

I bet I can find at least 4 functioning HTs in the house. I never get on repeaters anymore. WTF am I doing with them?

Hams are know for being pack rats, and I'm guilty as charged. It's time to get my head outta my ass and unload this shit.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Oooo, I'm just not emotionally ready to get rid of my stuff man.

My YL of about 4 months thinks ham radio is pretty cool, and offered (hinted) that I could set up an antenna and bring one of my many rigs to her place. At 8500' and lots of big trees, I have a damn good reason to have pack-ratted extra radios. I've been eying the way the house is wired for amperage, as I have some extra toob amps as well.

The Iambic key for sale still tempts me a bit too much. ;)
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Oooo, I'm just not emotionally ready to get rid of my stuff man.
    I get it, but logic is what primarily dictates my decisions, not emotion.

My YL of about 4 months thinks ham radio is pretty cool, and offered (hinted) that I could set up an antenna and bring one of my many rigs to her place. At 8500' and lots of big trees, I have a damn good reason to have pack-ratted extra radios. I've been eying the way the house is wired for amperage, as I have some extra toob amps as well.
    There's having an extra radio or 2, and then there's having no less than 7 radios capable of HF. Seven? I'm outta my mind! WTF do I need 7 for?

Counting the amps that need work, I have 5. I'm probably never going to fix the 3 that need work, so why am I letting them take up space? It just doesn't make sense.

The Iambic key for sale still tempts me a bit too much. ;)
    That's the general idea. ;)

Latest ClubLog entries.

Are you afraid of spiders?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    It's beginning to. This is line with the thought, "WTF am I doing with this stuff I don't use?"

I have no less than 5 tuners in this house. How many could I actually use? Two?

I bet I can find at least 4 functioning HTs in the house. I never get on repeaters anymore. WTF am I doing with them?

Hams are know for being pack rats, and I'm guilty as charged. It's time to get my head outta my ass and unload this shit.
    I have the same tuner fetish/habit. Whattaya gonna do? All mine are distinct and have their own application. Ya just never know!
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post

There's having an extra radio or 2, and then there's having no less than 7 radios capable of HF. Seven? I'm outta my mind! WTF do I need 7 for?
    So, would you be willing to sell one on the easy payment plan (You keep the radio until payed for)? I know I sound like I'm begging and that really is out of character for me, but I am. This HW-101 just aint gonna cut the mustard for me. I'm very limited as to what I can do to it because it does not belong to me.

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL