Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARRL 10 Meter Contest 2011

ARRL 10 Meter Contest 2011

This weekend will be the annual ARRL 10 Meter contest.

Now is a good time, with the band wide open like it hasn't been in years, to encourage those Novice & Tech ops who haven't had a taste of good DX (or any DX) on the band to get active, even if for a short time.

It should be very possible to work DXCC in just a few hours over the weekend, as quite a few did so during both legs (modes) of the CQ WW in October & November.

I plan to be on CW only. My friend Bill W3WH is also planning to be on, either mixed or CW only (he is going to be looking to finish off 10 Meter DXCC as well). Keep an ear out for us.

And... my friend and co-worker, Ben KB3ERQ, ought to be on SSB only. (He'd better; I just loaned him my TS-520, gave him a pile of coax and an AEA antenna tuner (w/ SWR bridge & switch! ), and he's supposed to be borrowing the club's 10 meter Ringo tonight.) So if you hear him on, please give him a call as well.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Orca Whisperer
    I'm going to try and hop into this one, time permitting, for some 10 QSO's to add to the log. Last contest, 10 was wall-to-wall with DX in the PSK window.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Company Christmas party is Friday night and based on past experience, I should sober up somewhere around next week Wednesday. However, as soon as I'm able to rise from the sleep of the dead on Saturday afternoon, I'll crawl down to the shack and work as many as I can on 10M.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Oh, one small correction...

Spoke with W3WH earlier tonight. Turns out he's got some other obligations, so he's only doing a part-time effort. So he's going to run CW Only QRP, I'm going to run CW Only 100 W.

Probably won't be on until sometime on Saturday morning, though. I have a software update to do at work, and by the time I get home, I expect the band to be closed. So it goes.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

I plan to run mixed mode QRP here.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I'll keep an ear open for you.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

In before the anti-contest whiners.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

We don't have very many of those on the IOMH. Generally ignored too.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    In before the anti-contest whiners.
    I didn't know they existed outside of QRZville.

We don't have many of those on the IOMH. Generally ignored too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    I didn't know they existed outside of QRZville.
    Amazing how that works, isn't it? :chin:
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."