Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questionability of the character of IOMH occupants…..

Questionability of the character of IOMH occupants…..

............is pure bullshit. I have proof positive and it was waiting for me in my message notification inbox when I logged in here this morning. You know who you are and many thanks for both your concern and offer of help and support! ;)

It's always great to know that we try to look out for each other and that we don't wait for each other to show up in the SK list in QST before we say to ourselves, "Damn, I coulda done something to prevent that....."
    KD8EFQ ~ "With MFJ one might as well stand outside during the worst possible calamity and wair for death."

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    I absolute second that! This is a very supportive group that I'm so proud and happy to be a part of...and it sounds like you have even greater reasons to feel that way.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Yarp, could quite literally have been a life vs. death situation. So yeah, I'm pretty darned proud to be here too.
    KD8EFQ ~ "With MFJ one might as well stand outside during the worst possible calamity and wair for death."

I had my character attacked here on IOMH and have seen the character of others attacked here as well. I am not familiar with the situation you are talking about, Tom, and it appears it turned out OK. I guess I just have a different perspective.

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n4aud View Post
    I had my character attacked here on IOMH and have seen the character of others attacked here as well. I am not familiar with the situation you are talking about, Tom, and it appears it turned out OK. I guess I just have a different perspective.

It could be that "character attacks" are nothing more than comments that aren't really meant to be like that. Don't really know. But I'm dear friends with one of the members who get taken to task, shall we say, regularly, and in-person he's nowhere near what some people think he comes off as. I'm guessing that in most of the cases like this, a face to face meeting would clear this up well. There are a lot of nuances in the subjects that come up here and in how people relate to each other that can get stomped on in this medium that would be easily handled in a personal meeting.

OTOH, it DOES hurt to get attacked personally, even if that's simply an apparency and not an actual attack. I'm probably guilty of overreacting sometimes.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    It could be that "character attacks" are nothing more than comments that aren't really meant to be like that. Don't really know. But I'm dear friends with one of the members who get taken to task, shall we say, regularly, and in-person he's nowhere near what some people think he comes off as. I'm guessing that in most of the cases like this, a face to face meeting would clear this up well. There are a lot of nuances in the subjects that come up here and in how people relate to each other that can get stomped on in this medium that would be easily handled in a personal meeting.

OTOH, it DOES hurt to get attacked personally, even if that's simply an apparency and not an actual attack. I'm probably guilty of overreacting sometimes.
    Audie is quite correct. That was a horrible mistake on my part that I deeply regretted and apologized for.

Apologies, however, don't rate too high around here. It is what it is, I reckon.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Luke, I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I bear no ill will towards you at all and can't remember you ever attacking me. I have never, to my knowledge, rejected any apology that was offered to me. I've given a few myself and am guilty of on numerous occasions of getting too drawn into the arguments and forgetting there is a person on the other end of the screen. The person I'm talking about is, I believe, incapable of giving an apology.
    Last edited by n4aud; 11-28-2011 at 11:47 AM.

The important thing is that we all still get to have questionable character. ;)

I resemble that remark.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

The fact that our character (overall) is questionable is what makes this place what it is. No wonder I fit in here.

BTW, I do believe that the inspiration for the site's name should be showing up on network TV any time now. I can hear Burl Ives now. (Or is that the background muzak?)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati