Thread: HOLY CRAP!!!! Can this be right?

HOLY CRAP!!!! Can this be right?

I have been going through piles of stuff I have amassed over the years. I am one who finds these irresistible deals that can't live with out something becuase I am sure that one day...... I will need it! All of it! Meanwhile, the stuff piles up in cardboard boxes out in the garage and my wife starts muttering, "Horder" whenever I walk into the room.

Anyway, it is time to pull some of these boxes out and sort what is there, discover what stuff I have never seen is, keep what I will use and sell the rest.

So, I came across these UG-1019/U Coaxial Feed Through Connectors and I thought, "Cool! N- Connectors!", but they are too big for N. So I looked them up to see what they are and I discovered that these things cost a fortune. Who would need something like this so I can sell them mine. I'm thinking cell towers maybe? Any advice?

http://www.newark.com/jsp/displayPro...SKUMS-Amphenol

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Also any high voltage RF parts are worth some good money. I'm always looking for doorknob condensers, HF mica condensers, etc just so long as they have a high kv rating. Vacuum variables are also extremely desirable as a large HV air variables, glass piston condensers, etc. To buy any of these things brand spanking new will put a nice sized dent in the wallet. I've even seen >80 mfd @600V or higher electrolytic s going for quite a bit brand new.
    Last edited by n2ize; 11-17-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

This is turning into a goldmine. A BNC Right Angle adaptor, BNC Tees, etc. What field uses this kind if stuff? Is a Calrad Capacitive Substitution box worth anything? I have a bunch of Brand new Mic Connectors like the old Heathkits used to use.......Right Angle Headphone Jacks
    Last edited by KA9MOT; 11-17-2011 at 03:44 PM.

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

I use a lot of BNC connectors for test gear, but I really don't need any.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I have several bags of them, too. I usually sell the Ts, right angle, and bnc sex changers for 1.50 ea or 10 for $10. Much more than that and they just don't sell. I use these type of connectors on various test equipment and CCTV applications..
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 11-17-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL