Thread: Who cans/dehydrates?

Who cans/dehydrates?

We do both, although there was damn little to put up this year. Anybody here can meat?
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

One of the guys I work with cooked some ground beef, then dehydrated it. He brought it in to work the other day and we tossed it in to a crock pot with some mixed veggies that I'd dehydrated and vacuum sealed about a year ago around the same time he was doing the beef. A couple beef bullion cubes and 50 cents worth of dried onion flakes from Wal-Mart and we had a pretty decent lunch in our bowls.

As to canning meat, my mom used to can redhorse that we'd catch in the spring. She and my dad claimed that it was good, not being a fish eater I couldn't tell you either way. The cat liked it though.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.