Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bromley Estate Tea

Bromley Estate Tea

Wandering aimlessly through the supermarket the other day, I chanced upon a brand of tea that is new to me. It was very reasonably priced, at $2 per hundred bags, and was all black teas.

I am a mostly coffee drinker, and the coffee I prefer is rich and very strong Colombian. When I do tea (except among my Chinese friends, who prefer very light Chinese teas), I like it brewed dark and strong. The trouble with a lot of teas on the market, it often gets "woody" before it gets to the color I prefer. This Bromley stuff very quickly produces a deep, dark and flavorful cup.

Especially good with few tsps of honey. If you are a tea freak, you might look for it. You can buy it online, but it seems only in 500 bag quantities for about eighteen bucks. Not bad if you like it.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Number 1 daughter in California has run out of teabags, she likes a strong brew, a trait inherited from her parents, generally something like PG Tips which is a popular British brand. For some reason they are not easy to obtain so well suggest Bromley otherwise I have the impression we'll have to send some, if the authorities will allow of course.

Normally our brew is made with loose tea in a Bodum teapot but I do like some green tea on a hot day.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post
    Number 1 daughter in California has run out of teabags, she likes a strong brew, a trait inherited from her parents, generally something like PG Tips which is a popular British brand. For some reason they are not easy to obtain so well suggest Bromley.
    Suggest to your daughter that she try to find a Fresh and Easy Market somewhere nearby. They are a U.S. division of the huge British Tesco supermarket chain and always carry a good selection of items for Limey ex-pats.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 11-13-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: TESCO, not Tepco.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Normally our brew is made with loose tea in a Bodum teapot but I do like some green tea on a hot day.
    I have one hell of a time finding a store that sells loose tea, other than the Asian markets which sell loose Chinese tea by the pound. I like Chinese teas, but I much prefer a good, strong brew of black or pekoe (which I am told is the same tea but from a different part of the bush). All I can find hereabouts are bags. OK for a cuppa, but not ideal for a pot IMO.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

SK Member (10/28/2012) - Island Prude
    Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    I have one hell of a time finding a store that sells loose tea, other than the Asian markets which sell loose Chinese tea by the pound. I like Chinese teas, but I much prefer a good, strong brew of black or pekoe (which I am told is the same tea but from a different part of the bush). All I can find hereabouts are bags. OK for a cuppa, but not ideal for a pot IMO.
    Alas, these folks are not in your vicinity, but they proudly advertise that they do NOT SELL TEA BAGS.
    My wife uses their products to drain the piggy bank, but that they are worth every penny.

http://www.uptontea.com

Thanx, Dale. I shall give them a shout -- a cyber shout, of course.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

generally something like PG Tips which is a popular British brand. For some reason they are not easy to obtain ...
    PG Tips at Amazon.com
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Amazon I can deal with. TU for the tip -- the PG Tips, that is!
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

Geez, Hugh; I'd have thought you'd ask my permission before posting a pic of me! I used to really luv that bow tie. <sigh>
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!