Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've not done this before but........

I've not done this before but........

I was wondering, does anybody have a spare HF rig they would trust me enough to loan me until I can scrape together enough funds to buy another.
    I ended up having to sell my last rig in September so I could help with an unexpected bill my family is still trying to pay. I have resonant antennas (Butternut HF-9V and a OCF Dipole 80M and up), I am jonesing real bad here. I don't even have a receiver any more.

I'm sure I could come up with enough money for shipping.

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Sad you live there and i'm here, too far, too costly.
    Just get my FT 847 back from a m8 that had his Icom Pro 3 zapped and needed a spare rig for the 2 months it took to be repaired.

I have the FT 2000 D and Ft 847, and the FT 100 mobile here.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Thanks for the thought COR. That is a very long way.

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

I have a couple of Cubic Astro 102s which need fixed, and which I am in no hurry to sell - unless someone wants to buy one of them. Let me take a look under the hoods and see what I can come up with.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

i feel your pain mate. im hf less now to. (I can listen) but cant talk
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I have a couple of Cubic Astro 102s which need fixed, and which I am in no hurry to sell - unless someone wants to buy one of them. Let me take a look under the hoods and see what I can come up with.
    That is a cool looking rig. I've never heard of this one. It looks very interesting. And thanks for considering it.

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by W2IBC View Post
    i feel your pain mate. im hf less now to. (I can listen) but cant talk
    I'd like to say that I happy to be in good company, but I can't. This sucks. I know your pain...I'd rather have a sore toe.

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Banned
    I'm kinda wishing I hadn't sold my Icom. If I still had it, I would loan you my backup Atlas 201x, which currently is my main. And actually, the probability of me finding the time to get on the air right now is pretty low. How long do you think you would need it?

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    I'm kinda wishing I hadn't sold my Icom. If I still had it, I would loan you my backup Atlas 201x, which currently is my main. And actually, the probability of me finding the time to get on the air right now is pretty low. How long do you think you would need it?
    You should probably keep your Atlas......It is the only thing you've got and even a little time is better than none.

I should have mentioned the important fact that I probably not be able to get a radio before February.....

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KA9MOT View Post
    You should probably keep your Atlas......It is the only thing you've got and even a little time is better than none.

I should have mentioned the important fact that I probably not be able to get a radio before February.....
    Yeah well, I still need to fix my power supply. That and my husband owes me bigtime right now so the possibility of spending some $ on a new (used) rig is pretty good.