Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I spent the day

How I spent the day

Finally got it vertical, now to get some aluminum up on it. The tower is a U.S. Towers TX-472 motorized crank up.

IMG_0930.JPG
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Tower looka good. It'd look better on my property, though. What model Deere is that?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Tower looka good. It'd look better on my property, though. What model Deere is that?
    The Deere is a 1966 2510 gas...50hp on the PTO.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Nice, Doug. What are you going put on top?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

It's getting a Force 12 C-3 a foot or so above the tower, and a 2 el shorty 40 further up the mast. Oh, and a plethora of wires...I think I'll try a shunt feed for 80/160. That's going to depend on how much top loading I end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by W5GA View Post
    Finally got it vertical, now to get some aluminum up on it. The tower is a U.S. Towers TX-472 motorized crank up.
    If only I could convince the wife..... wait... what am I thinking? If I could afford it in the first place....
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Looks like a model of the Empire State building. FBOM hihi

How was digging the hole, Doug? Bet your soil there in OK is easier to deal with than the infamous Lemon Grove clay.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Digging the hole was an exercise in frustration for the guy doing it. The hole was supposed to be 8 feet deep, but he could only go down 7 feet or maybe a bit less, and then he hit our rock table. He ended up having to jack hammer into the rock, and then set rebar into it. My base is also a lot broader than called for as he also found a boulder that was in the way. It left a hell of a hole when it came out that had to be filled in. On top of that, our spring was very wet. The cement truck got stuck, buried the rear end to the axles. My neighbor had to bring his 8 wheeled John Deere over to pull the truck out after the cement was poured.

Are you going to use a chainsaw to bury your copper?