Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I going to be the sole Islander at Deerfield

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar

Am I going to be the sole Islander at Deerfield

AGAIN?????

F'ing SUPER hamfest. Lots and lots and lots of goodies, good times, great friendly hams. IMHO, a lot more fun than Dayton.

To begin with, Dayton's in OH...'nuff said.

For Dayton, you HAVE to book a room or (maybe -- if you don't get busted by the gendarmes) sleep in your car.

At Deerfield, you camp (if you want to) right there, anywhere.)

The flea market is "generally" equivalent. No, it's not the huge Collins and Drake get-together as Dayton, but the vintage stuff is always there in abundance.

C'mon up to New Hampshire. You won't regret it.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

You must be afraid, sole.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Now you've made me hungry for Filet of Sole Claudine. Filets rolled in lettuce in a sauce of white wine and cream with a julienne of carrots, mushrooms, and shallots. Mmmmmmmmmmm.......

653 miles, over a 12 hour drive. I'd love to see New Hampshire again, but that's a trip that's gonna require planning!

Even Paul, N1LAF, is 3 hours out. I guess the closet I've ever been was when I was in Londonderry a few years (almost 10, now) back. It's very pretty up there. You folks landscape around the rocks (boulders) in your front yards. Impressed the hell outta me!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

That a 6200 mile round trip. For what it would cost me in gas alone I could almost buy a brand new IC-7000.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    That a 6200 mile round trip. For what it would cost me in gas alone I could almost buy a brand new IC-7000.
    Here's hoping your trucking gets you close some year.

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    Am I going to be the sole Islander at Deerfield

AGAIN?????
    AFAIC, you will.

I don't do hamfests.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

This is not the original Deerfield that was actually at "Hosstraders at Deerfield" where many of the famous AM'ers camped out, got stoned, enjoyed great food, and operated "piss weak little mobile" from the campsite. This is at a different location from what I understand. But its still Hosstraders and still in NH and still worth a trip and many of the AM Greats still make this one. I'd love to go but unfortunately I can't get away from here right now.
    Last edited by n2ize; 09-29-2011 at 05:05 AM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    AFAIC, you will.

I don't do hamfests.
    "Deerfield (aka Hosstraders) is not a hamfest. It's an experience.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    "Deerfield (aka Hosstraders) is not a hamfest. It's an experience.
    So is Dayton (or so I hear) and I have no plans to attend that hamfest either.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.