Thread: I need to get a handle on things

I need to get a handle on things

Specifically, some of my rack-mount gear has oval aluminum handles which must be replaced due to wear and damage. A pic of what I need is shown below; I bought the last four which Surplus Sales had but need a few more pairs. They're 4.5" c-c and 1.5"h; a P/N of "SRS MP0011" was found but is coming up blank in searches.

Anyone know where to get these?
    hwx-mp0011.jpg
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    "Vandals take the Handles?"

Bob Dylan

I got a couple of love handles, but don't think I can mail them.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

SK Member (10/28/2012) - Island Prude
    Surplus Sales still has the items for sale, is there some reason you don't want to buy from them again?

This is a long shot, but Stanford Research Systems equipment had rack mount kits which consisted of "ears" which attached to the sides of the case and then black anodized handles would bolt to the ears. The part number may be for the handle only, not the whole kit, which is why it won't show up in catalogs.

They still exist, and a phone call may be the fastest way to get an answer. In my experience, SRS folks were very friendly, but I doubt they'll sell you replacements for as little as Surplus Sales would, but you never know.

Good luck and 73,

Quote Originally Posted by ab1ga View Post
    Surplus Sales still has the items for sale, is there some reason you don't want to buy from them again?
    I bought S-S out! Ordered 6 - they called and told me there were only 4 in stock. So the units on-hand are in transit. Need a few more sets to finish up some restorations I'm doing.

This is a long shot, but Stanford Research Systems equipment had rack mount kits which consisted of "ears" which attached to the sides of the case and then black anodized handles would bolt to the ears. The part number may be for the handle only, not the whole kit, which is why it won't show up in catalogs.

They still exist, and a phone call may be the fastest way to get an answer. In my experience, SRS folks were very friendly, but I doubt they'll sell you replacements for as little as Surplus Sales would, but you never know.

Good luck and 73,
    So that's what the SRS stands for. Excellent...and thanks!
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."