Thread: DC-4 recapping done....

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar

DC-4 recapping done....

Well, almost. I was all done and all the voltages had checked out OK. But I just hadta do one final check -- watch the bias change as I turned the pot. Murphy finally got his chance to do mischief. He bumped my elbow and I shorted the center terminal on the pot to ground, blowing out the pot. No biggie, really, I've got a spare in a basket case DC-3.

I've got pix of the job available if anyone's going to be doing this in the future. I've posted them "over there", but if you're allergic to "over there" I can post 'em here, too.

Yea!!!!!!!! Real AM in the car!!! First, with the TR-3 (Pay no attention to your dancing S-meter), then with the

TA-DAAAA

G-76!!!!
    Last edited by W1GUH; 09-21-2011 at 08:48 AM.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Sweet!

I remember the Handbook's construction articles which detailed various mobile160 and 75M AM transceivers. Would be nice to update the designs a bit and build one for fun.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Sweet!

I remember the Handbook's construction articles which detailed various mobile160 and 75M AM transceivers. Would be nice to update the designs a bit and build one for fun.
    160 is why I've got two AF-67's. There's something magical about running mobile plate-modulated AM on 160!
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.