Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vegan diet plus 3 months.

vegan diet plus 3 months.

Well, it's been 3-4 months since I went vegan. I just visited the doc for my 3 month check up. I dropped 50 pounds/3 clothes sizes are now baggy. He took me off the statin drugs for blood high cholesterol. cut the blood pressure meds, and diabetic meds in half. My A1C went from 7.0 to 6.0 in 90 days. He told me, I am his only patient to make remarkable health changes so fast. He said if I drop in weight in the next 90 days, I may be prescription med free. That is my goal. I want to be healthy again. I found that I can eat my way there. I eat more food now than I ever have. I have not been hungry once these 90 days. Carbs are my friend, not my enemy.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    Well, it's been 3-4 months since I went vegan. I just visited the doc for my 3 month check up. I dropped 50 pounds/3 clothes sizes are now baggy. He took me off the statin drugs for blood high cholesterol. cut the blood pressure meds, and diabetic meds in half. My A1C went from 7.0 to 6.0 in 90 days. He told me, I am his only patient to make remarkable health changes so fast. He said if I drop in weight in the next 90 days, I may be prescription med free. That is my goal. I want to be healthy again. I found that I can eat my way there. I eat more food now than I ever have. I have not been hungry once these 90 days. Carbs are my friend, not my enemy.
    Fine business OM!
    Please keep it up and keep us informed!

Banned
    So, can you have plenty of olive oil on salads, fried tofu, and such?

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    So, can you have plenty of olive oil on salads, fried tofu, and such?
    Yes. I changed the ratio of fresh food/processed foods. The biggest change is daily eating greens, sprouts, mushrooms, veggies, fruits, onions. I found a juicer/extractor at Goodwill for $5. I make a concoction of greens, carrots, celery, broccoli, and slam a 12 oz glass. I have at least 2 salads a day. I make my own dressings from oils, and fruits. I found a bread called Ezekiel Bread. It is complete nutrition, a person could literally live from it and water. I still have wine, and vodka on occasion. I am looking for a second hand dehydrator to make my own veggie burgers from the pulp leftover from the juicer. I cut the processed foods to maybe 20% of my diet. I have been able to cut the pain meds to maybe one day a week, instead of 3 times a day. I even bake vegan cookies, and cakes, and scones on occasion. I have shared them with others, and they all said they tasted the same as egg, and dairy baking. I also have discovered shirataki noodles which are like pasta, and have zero carbs. I still enjoy most of my favorites, and discovered new ones. When a body starts taking in micro nutrients, it starts healing itself.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Banned
    I'm glad it's working so well for you. I know stir fried tofu and veggies can be as good as any Chinese dish with meat.
    I like a good RARE steak with Cabernet but could eat meat less I suppose.
    I'm back to 168 (in the buff) after pigging my way up to 175 in Portland a couple weeks ago.
    My breakfast since Portland is a P (natural peanut butter) & J (Welch's grape jam) on a (one) very small piece of whole wheat bread with water.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 09-11-2011 at 01:24 PM.

I tried the Vegan diet but, with the 25 light-year travel time, not only did I have to play way ahead, everything was stale by the time it got here.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I eat my greasy meat in the morning, with eggs.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I tried the Vegan diet but, with the 25 light-year travel time, not only did I have to play way ahead, everything was stale by the time it got here.
    You do get around though don't ya?

cul de n8tb

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    I eat my greasy meat in the morning, with eggs.
    Good for hangovers, i hear.

cul de n8tb

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    You do get around though don't ya?
    Yeah. Sort of like the clap...
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.