Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Pa QSO Coming Up October 8 & 9

2011 Pa QSO Coming Up October 8 & 9

2011 Pennsylvania QSO Party (is this the 54th annual or 55th? I keep forgetting) is coming up in about 6 weeks as I type this, weekend of October 8th & 9th. Complete rules and past results can be found at http://www.nittany-arc.net/PAQSO.html

Most activity is on 40 meters daytime and early evening, shifting to 80/75 into the evening. There will be activity on the upper bands as well, and on 160 late Saturday night. Modes are CW, SSB, RTTY (Baudot) & PSK-31.

I will be running a multi-op single-transmitter station from home on behalf of my club, as usual. This in addition to two groups from the club who will be operating from "rare" counties, at least one or two mobiles running around WPa, and a bunch of people running single-op from home. I usually operate CS & SSB, if I can get the PSK station set up the way I want, we'll be on that as well, but that's not a given yet.

For any Islanders who are interested, if you'd like to come over and operate at W3WN during the course of the weekend, consider yourself invited. Just PM me for details and directions.

In addition, if anyone hears my station on the air during the weekend (even you DX!), I'd appreciate the call. (Oh, and if you can, work a few of the other guys in the event as well).
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Will the Punxutawny Club be working this one?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Will the Punxutawny Club be working this one?
    Unless it sees its shadow, in which case the PA QSO Party will last six more weeks.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 09-20-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: No apostrophe in "its." I blow that one every time.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Punxsutawney club has no announcements - the next event on the clubs calendar will be the special event station which is set up for Groundhog's day and will be run on or about the Saturday of or the Saturday following Groundhogs day on 20 meters - 14.350 mhz and also on 40 meters and 80 meters.

Groundhog's Day falls on a Thursday next year, hence the special event station will not be set up until Saturday Feb 4, 2012 and will not start until 9 or 10 AM and will probably end 5 or 6 PM depending on participants.

There are special certificates which are available to anyone who wishes to receive one by simply mailing a self addressed stamped envelope to Sham Hollipeter W3QOS in Big Run PA. or if they are sent to the club mailing address K3HWJ.

I think that one just flew right over Jerry's head.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    I think that one just flew right over Jerry's head.
    Somehow, I do not find that surprising.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

By the way Jerry... I really don't think the GHD SES will be operating on 14.350 MHz. But we'll jump that channel when we come to it.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Banned
    I don't know who you retards are - and personally I don't care.

You people are pretty pathetic.
    You belong right down there on the bottom of my list, right there beside the Marconi net.
    I bet if it was on 14.350 - you jammers would still look for a way to mess with it.
    Maybe you need to grow up and get a life.
    Remember - I got your call sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I bet if it was on 14.350 - you jammers would still look for a way to mess with it.
    If you were on 14.350, you'd better send yourself an OO notice, moran. :roll:

Pot, kettle, black. :roll:

Pathetic, childish, BS. 4-10 good buddy. *piiiiinngg* *beep* :roll:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't know who you retards are - and personally I don't care.

You people are pretty pathetic.
    You belong right down there on the bottom of my list, right there beside the Marconi net.
    Well gee Jerry, I really, really hate to break this to you... but surely you learned back when you got your General, let alone your Extra, let alone when you qualified to be an OO, that 14.350 MHz is the top edge of the 20 meter band, and that when you consider that a USB signal is up to 3 kHz wide, that means that if you are transmitting on a carrier of 14.350, you're transmitting out of band.

I guess I won't be working YOU for Jefferson County in the Pa QSO Party this year then. Nothing personal, but I really prefer not to operate out of band. Sets a bad example, you know. But not to worry, WI8T informs me that he's already made plans to activate the county.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!