Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flower Pot Stealth Antenna

Flower Pot Stealth Antenna

Just came across this today. It's so simple and obvious, it's a wonder that it never occurred to me before.

This is a great idea for anyone dealing with HOA Nazis or other antenna-restricted or antenna-limited places:

http://www.zianet.com/dhassall/flowerpot.html

Idea is quite simple: Mount one or more hamstick antennas on a flower pot, cover with PVC to make it look like a tressel or similar flower support, and you have a mini-antenna farm virtually in plain sight!

Brilliant!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Buckley
    ...and it was so simple , like the jitterbug , it plumb evaded me.
    It truly is brilliant .
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

I would rather take my chances in wild suburbia than put up with the idiosyncrasies of a bunch of self-important, busybody HOAssholes.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I would rather take my chances in wild suburbia than put up with the idiosyncrasies of a bunch of self-important, busybody HOAssholes.
    For an increasing number of people , unfortunately , it's not really a matter of choice . For some folks , I think HRD and 802.11 offer some good options . Just remote control the mobile in the driveway , if you're allowed to park vehicles outside .
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

Well, there is that. But there are those who don't have a lot of choices.

For example, take AD3Q (please!). I mentioned this antenna to him at the club breakfast this morning, and he's interested. Bob has had some health issues of late (a long story) and is currently living in a subsided apartment, on disability. He doesn't have much of a choice. He's been making do with some other makeshift antenna ideas, but this one is intriguing. We'll see what happens.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Lot's of very smart people on zianet.
    I often wonder if the govt. doesn't just stash some of their most free thinking employees out there just to keep them away from the rest of us.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Well, there is that. But there are those who don't have a lot of choices.
    How so?

Is one forced to buy a home which is located in a development governed by CC&Rs?

Or does living in an area free of such things put people in too close a proximity to Les Undesirables?

ETA:

I've had to resort to similar antenna schemes when renting but if I'm going to lay out my hard-earned shekels on purchased property, it damn sure isn't going to be for something that is subject to the whims of egotists. Non-HOA housing isn't that hard to find, even though one may have a longer commute as a result. It's all about priorities. I don't need the 'safety' of a gated community and can take care of mine and my own just fine without such.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

HOA's just need to go. period.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by W2IBC View Post
    HOA's just need to go. period.
    Like the invention of the infomercial by Ross Perot, HOAs are here to stay. Hoes On Acid.

How so?

Is one forced to buy a home which is located in a development governed by CC&Rs?

Or does living in an area free of such things put people in too close a proximity to Les Undesirables?

ETA:

I've had to resort to similar antenna schemes when renting but if I'm going to lay out my hard-earned shekels on purchased property, it damn sure isn't going to be for something that is subject to the whims of egotists. Non-HOA housing isn't that hard to find, even though one may have a longer commute as a result. It's all about priorities. I don't need the 'safety' of a gated community and can take care of mine and my own just fine without such.
    Well, I explained Bob's situation. He's not the only one I can think of who's been forced due to economics or a job loss to move into smaller quarters with restrictions.

Hey, the antenna isn't for everyone. If you own your own property, there are many other options, should you have the misfortune of living in a CC&R or HOA restricted area -- and I AM going to get that flagpole vertical in this fall (as I'm getting all sorts of hell from the boss over not starting the front porch project yet, and she IS getting nasty about it).

I simply admire the simple brilliance of adapting a mobile antenna like a ham stick into a very stealthy antenna, for someone stuck with restrictions.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!