Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizza?

Banned

Pizza?

This is a visual attempt to lure customers to a local pizza shop. The cheese IS yellow, the black olives ARE canned, and the whole thing has the consistency & taste of a macaroni and cheese casserole and cardboard.
    Since no one in this entire region has any taste, this shit flies.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 08-17-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post

This a visual attempt to lure customers to a local pizza shop. The cheese IS yellow, the black olives ARE canned, and the whole thing has the consistency & taste of a macaroni and cheese casserole and cardboard.
    Is CALIFORNIA GROWING Kalamata olives yet? Those black olives you get in a can don't even come close to what an olive is. Kind of like rubber that breaks down quickly.

http://imageshack.us/f/33/194bg.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/197g.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/f/19/199fj.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Is CALIFORNIA GROWING Kalamata olives yet? Those black olives you get in a can don't even come close to what an olive is. Kind of like rubber that breaks down quickly.
    It's not the California olives themselves, which are just fine. The fault lies in the way canned olives are processed, which is the brutally expedient lye process rather than the classic, but slower, salt brine process.

You can buy salt-processed California olives, at least here in CA, but not in a can. I've seen them dried Greek-style (my personal favorite) as well.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 08-17-2011 at 03:01 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    It's not the California olives themselves, which are just fine. The fault lies in the way canned olives are processed, which is the brutally expedient lye process rather than the classic, but slower, salt brine process.

You can buy salt-processed California olives, at least here in CA, but not in a can. I've seen them dried Greek-style (my personal favorite) as well.
    Which is fine for lutefisk I suppose.

I can tell you one thing. That stuff in the picture is NOT pizza. At least not by NYC standards. Real pizza is dough, mozzarella, and sauce, sometimes with some subtle spices. It can be topped, i.e with sausage, peppers, pepperoni, mushrooms, etc. but, if it is quality, it should stand on its own without any additional toppings. The crust should be thin and the pie should be baked in a coal or wood fired oven at high temp.

When in the NYC area you can find good pie at Tottono's in Brooklyn and Manhattan, Pepe's in Yonkers, and Connecticut among others. Patsy's in Manhattan is supposed to be good but personally I have not tried them. I've been hearing that Brooklyn is the hot spot for good authentic pizza's.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post

This a visual attempt to lure customers to a local pizza shop. The cheese IS yellow, the black olives ARE canned, and the whole thing has the consistency & taste of a macaroni and cheese casserole and cardboard.
    If you like great pizza's you've got to come over here to NY.:)

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    I can tell you one thing. That stuff in the picture is NOT pizza. At least not by NYC standards. Real pizza is dough, mozzarella, and sauce, sometimes with some subtle spices. It can be topped, i.e with sausage, peppers, pepperoni, mushrooms, etc. but, if it is quality, it should stand on its own without any additional toppings. The crust should be thin and the pie should be baked in a coal or wood fired oven at high temp.

When in the NYC area you can find good pie at Tottono's in Brooklyn and Manhattan, Pepe's in Yonkers, and Connecticut among others. Patsy's in Manhattan is supposed to be good but personally I have not tried them. I've been hearing that Brooklyn is the hot spot for good authentic pizza's.
    Nope...none of those even come close to Mimi's on the UES.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    Nope...none of those even come close to Mimi's on the UES.
    What type of pizza oven do they use ? Everyone has their personal favorites.
    Last edited by n2ize; 08-17-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Have no clue....the kind that makes great pizza!
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

I actually had a decent frozen pizza from........ wait for it........ Wal Mart. It was a "pizza of the world" or something like that. It came with big chunks of fresh (frozen) mozzarella. Wasn't too bad for production line cardboard.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15