Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N8YX - Top Notch Ham

Orca Whisperer

Thumbs up N8YX - Top Notch Ham

John (N8YX) sent out a PK-232MBX. It was exactly as described, and the packaging job was superb (I think he has a friend who works in a distribution center ).

So, no worries about shipping damages if you buy something from him, it WILL arrive without any damage incurred by shipping.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

I always wondered about that guy. ;)

j/k...I don't think you could go too wrong dealing with the regulars on this island.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

So...how well does that thing light up the doghouse you're now sleeping in after violating the "No more ham gear!" policy?
    ;)
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post
    I always wondered about that guy. ;)

j/k...I don't think you could go too wrong dealing with the regulars on this island.
    Yeah, we pretty much know that here, but this forum will come up in a google search for his call :)

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    So...how well does that thing light up the doghouse you're now sleeping in after violating the "No more ham gear!" policy?
    ;)
    It works enough as a night light :)
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

I had three of those at one time and was intending to send two of them along, but I think I gave another friend a pair.

That unit is slick if you tie an oscilloscope to its rear-panel mark/space lines (accessible via the 5-pin DIN connector) then use the scope as a tuning indicator.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    John (N8YX) sent out a PK-232MBX. It was exactly as described, and the packaging job was superb (I think he has a friend who works in a distribution center ).

So, no worries about shipping damages if you buy something from him, it WILL arrive without any damage incurred by shipping.
    Yep yep good guy and one who I have had the good fortune of meeting numerous times.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

I agree. I had the pleasure of meeting Fred, and DSG in person as well. I was telling him about the radio station i worked at part time.We were discussing the antenna system. I described the daytime/nighttime radiation pattern elements. He told me the dimensions in about 2 seconds. I need a calculator to do that task. Fred has forgotten more radio/electronics than I will ever learn, and I had the old First Phone license with microwave endorsement.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

OK, I'll chime in as well.

It was a real pleasure having Fred and 'DSG stop by the WASH area at the Breezeshooter's Hamfest 2 years ago & join the gang, albeit briefly, for our lunch cookout. I admit to being disappointed that they couldn't do so this last year, as I was looking forward to it, but I know that they only had a short time & couldn't stay.

Hope to catch up with them at a future hamfest (Skyview is weekend after next, Butler in September, WACOM in November...?)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

World's best ham, the one pictured above is from Spain.

I have also purchased goodies from Fred (John). Glad I did, even though some has not been put to use yet. Cali Dave was on an eastern road trip there and back again, so he played delivery guy... sans the brown uniform w/shorts.
    Last edited by WØTKX; 08-18-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Fred is very helpful and good to deal with. I recommend him as a top notch seller.