Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera Axe

Camera Axe

Still love playing, but between work and my daughter's marital problems, life ain't a lot of fun.

Bought a Camera Axe kit a few weeks ago... Cool stuff. This is a little interface board that uses an Arduino processor. Web site here: http://www.cameraaxe.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The premise is that the electronics have a few inputs and outputs. The inputs are things like sound and light. The outputs fire the camera or flashes. You can program a sound sensor to fire the camera when a balloon pops, or program it to to take a picture of lightning using a simple light sensor.

Built the kit last weekend, and it powered up "first try." Hope to have some examples in the upcoming months.

Cool... see ya next month. Hopefully?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Sounds like a cool thing. Use it wisely.

Looks like fun.

So, we're still waiting....

Where in hell are the samples?
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Something tells me that after the gun fires is too late.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

That looks like a cool little device. I thinks I'm gonna have to get me one of those. Thanks for the link. Please post some pics soon, I really want to see what this little critter is capable of in the hands of a fine photog.

Drats I just went to the store and it says they're sold out.
    Last edited by KC2KFC; 09-13-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    Stay healthy my friends.

I'm lame and admit it. Got the "Axe" assembled and tested, but haven't done anything with it. Just no time, it seems, and you don't want to hear my whiney story.

Managed to make it to the Black Hills a month ago for a bit of picture taking, but was more enamored with high ISO and HDR stuff. Some of this is posted to my Flickr account here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatanka/ I had the "axe" along and was hoping for some good lightning, but it didn't work out. Most folks go up there for the nice weather in the summer, but I've seen the amazing thunderstorms. We saw just one this year, but all the lightning was cloud-to-cloud and would have been impossible to photograph given my limited talents. Had some fun with the HDR stuff, though.

Is that Legion Lakes cabin place where you guys do the camping thing? I definitely have "Check out the Black Hills" on my bucket list. One of these days.
    Hang in there with the life-dump of bullshit. Happens to everybody. I think its part of the grand scheme anyway, will eventually pass and you'll phase into "Better Days".
    rot
    "In the field of opportunity, it's plowing time again."
    N.Young

Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post
    Something tells me that after the gun fires is too late.
    Depends on which side you're standing on.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.