Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-packaged, shredded cheese and yogurt

Banned

Pre-packaged, shredded cheese and yogurt

Take up 30 feet (top to bottom) of refrigerated shelf space at a large, popular, local supermarket.
    Almost every time I'm there some employee is busily restocking hundreds of the 6oz individual yogurt cups.
    I know damn well only a few are packing these things into a box lunch.
    Money sez the same idiots that buy this stuff (I buy plain yogurt in the 32 oz container) MUST do the full speed limit to within 75 feet of a just turned red light.

"Natural" my ass...
    Kraft cheese that's NOT shredded already tastes like the fucking plastic wrapper it comes in.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 08-11-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    Take up 30 feet (top to bottom) of refrigerated shelf space at a large, popular, local supermarket.
    Almost every time I'm there some employee is busily restocking hundreds of the 6oz individual yogurt cups.
    I know damn well only a few are packing these things into a box lunch.
    Money sez the same idiots that buy this stuff (I buy plain yogurt in the 32 oz container) MUST do the full speed limit to within 75 feet of a just turned red light.

"Natural" my ass...
    Kraft cheese that's NOT shredded already tastes like the fucking plastic wrapper it comes in.
    Why the hell would anyone buy pre-shredded cheese. I mean seriously, how frigging lazy can you possibly be.

And I rarely buy Yogurt, I make my own. I haven't found a good commercial source of real yogurt such as traditional style Greek yogurt. I simply can't stand the thin watery crap they attempt to pass off as yogurt at the grocery store..

There's absolutely nothing at the grocery store that can come close to matching a spoonful of homemade strawberry preserves drizzled over a scoop of thick creamy homemade Greek style yogurt. Well maybe some home made Tzatziki freshly made with home made yogurt and garden fresh cucumbers, dill and garlic.

All prepackaged cheese is offal, buy a proper piece of cheese and grate yourself, that is what i do.
    Yogurt, plain, add anything you prefer yourself, like fresh strawberries etc, then you will get a real taste not colourings and taste chemicals.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

i love the grated mozzarella - it doesn't look like mozzarella or taste like it, but i can eat a whole bag of it NOM!

Pre-packaged, shredded cheese and yogurt

I agree—I hate shredded yogurt too. It's so messy.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I agree—I hate shredded yogurt too. It's so messy.
    I went looking for some images of cheese grater accidents from vigorously grating yoghurt. Found this... do not follow if easily disturbed

http://elusivewapiti.blogspot.com/2010/08/tuesday-tomfoolery-not-for-squeamish.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by N6YG View Post
    homemade Greek style yogurt.
    I'm planning to start making my own as well. Can you give any tips?
    I'm thinking of using wide mouth qt canning jars in warm water in an igloo cooler.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 08-11-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mw0uzo View Post
    i love the grated mozzarella - it doesn't look like mozzarella or taste like it, but i can eat a whole bag of it NOM!
    I don't think it's possible to grate the kind of Mozzarella I know. In Brit land it may be a different story?
    Last edited by kc7jty; 08-11-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    I don't think it's possible to grate the kind of Mozzarella I know. In Brit land it may be a different story?
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264152726

Same stuff - I don't know how they get away with calling it mozzarella.