Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to KJ4DAD/AE from Ocala.com...

Congratulations to KJ4DAD/AE from Ocala.com...

Talk all you want about elmering new young ops, this story has significance and means just as much to the Hamming community...

From Ocala.com, Ocala, Florida:

On May 10, Folsom asked her nephew to drive her to Green Clover Hall in the Marion County government complex, where the Silver Springs Radio Club oversees an evening exam session for amateur radio operators. She wanted to pass the test — not for what came after, but just to prove she could.

A handful of people milled around as Folsom navigated her walker through the classroom to a spot at one of the long tables. Most of the others were waiting to take an entry-level Technician Class license exam, which gets operators on the air; or a General Class license exam, which allows access to a greater number of frequencies available to amateur radio operators.
    Folsom had come to take the most difficult exam for radio operators, the Extra Class License exam, which is full of advanced math and electronics. It's not unusual for people to pass it, but few bother to try...
    Congratulations Ms Folsom or should I say KJ4DAD/AE?
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Dang!!! Congrats!!
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

"Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Don't be fooled by this....
    She still works for NASA as a testing engineer, and they're performing experiments related to using the assembled mass of ham radio conventions in the formation of worm holes.

:twisted:

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

extra test aint no cake walk.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by W2IBC View Post
    extra test aint no cake walk.
    Wouldn't know. Haven't seen it since I passed it in 2006.

Don't remember it being any harder than the 1st Phone back in the 80s. Maybe I got the "easy" version... :chin: ;)
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post

Don't remember it being any harder than the 1st Phone back in the 80s. Maybe I got the "easy" version... :chin: ;)
    well i missed it by 1 on the 15th

The First Phone I took in the early 70s was easier than the Extree I passed in 2000. Great way to keep the mind busy. When I passed, the VEs told me I aced it and I got one more wrong than she did. I then helped VE the remaining tests that were being taken.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by W2IBC View Post

well i missed it by 1 on the 15th
    Ouch... :(
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Ouch... :(
    i expected worse since i didnt really study for extra. figured might as well take it since i spent what little brick dough i had for the damn tests