Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIELD DAY WEEKEND

FIELD DAY WEEKEND

It's here!!!! I just reached out on my facebook with an open invite for any non hams to take a ride with me and visit a site for a while if they wanted to see what we do in action and maybe get on the air and to enjoy some food, well I said cop some free food if you want the truth I figured it's a good way to reach out to friends, relatives and co-workers on my friends list to share our wonderful hobby and maybe bring someone new into it.
    First licensed October 31, 1994 as No Code Technician
    Upgraded to General in April, 2006 WITH CODE
    Upgraded to EXTRA written on May 12, 2007

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH
    (5 WPM EXTRA AND PROUD OF IT!!!)
    BE PROUD OF YOUR CALL SIGN, YOU EARNED IT!!!

Good plan!
    Anyone who responds positively to both FREE, and FOOD...is two-thirds of the way to being a ham already.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Interesting to make contacts on 10m at this hour. Worked a W0 station about 15-20 minutes ago.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

went to the club ended up working a bit on 6 and a bit on 20
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

KH6EL @ 03:33 on 21.397.85. Nice to see 15m still open.

ETA: Add KH6EJ @ 03:43 on 21.268.5
    Last edited by KJ3N; 06-25-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Geez... 20m is a mess....

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Geez... 20m is a mess....
    Stay off 313 and it's fine.

I was working stations on 10 last year until almost 2AM, and a couple years before that (during a nice, prolonged sporadic E event) the band stayed open for me until almost dawn Sunday.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

6 was great yesterday
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Conch Master
    I made my first and only radio contact on 20 meters under our club moniker W4DO. This was my first Field Day. I learned that most of the Hams appear to be in "Jersey". I helped to string and take down a 160 meter OCF dipole that resulted in very few contacts, except for poison ivy and ticks. Finally, I learned that Honda Generators are sooo much quieter then my Lowe's "Chinese" special. But I learned it can be fun. Don't think I would do mountain tops unless it was fall or winter. Beach would have been nice!

PS- I'm near ready to vote for the return of DDT. Its either going to be cancer or Lymes Disease that kills me in these Virginia Hills.
    Last edited by KK4AMI; 06-26-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    "PS- I'm near ready to vote for the return of DDT. Its either going to be cancer or Lymes Disease that kills me in these Virginia Hills."

While Murphy kept me busy with small, time-consuming annoyances, at least he laid off in the mosquito department. Got real lucky there...there were none.

Probably a lot of people noticed how wierd 20 and 15 sounded - 20 sounded like 40, and 15 was open both long (first QSO was San Diego) and short (the rest were in the NE). Strange and dis-orienting, to say the least.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.