Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HamIsland Logo Search!

Cool HamIsland Logo Search!

CQ Artists.. CQ Artists.. CQ Artist..

HamIsland is in search of a new logo! Contributions are welcome from everyone! Unfortunately the only compensation we can offer is our extreme gratitude and acknowledgement. :) Some requirements off the top of my head...

- Suitable for print & screen...
    - Scalable for logo miniaturization or variants allowing that...
    - Preferably in a format easily manipulated by Adobe Photoshop (.psd) or GIMP (.xcf) with unmerged layers.
    - Creative Commons licensing or wiliness exclusively and indefinitely license to HamIsland...

I look forward to seeing what you all can come up with. Thanks guys!

Proportions? Dimensions? Must be X wide by X tall etc etc adnauseum and some french word.

"Very large" - "high resolution" -- etc. :)

I'd like to have the option to put it on tshirts, hats, coffee mugs, etc.. not for profit, but as a promotional tool at ham fests and what not. So that needs to be pretty big..

If not a single logo, several variants of the same theme.. I'd like to brand the site and have a very specific and unique look.

HamIsland - Amateur Radio's Online Revolution (keep that theme in mind)

Portrait, landscape, banner, one of each, square. Yada yada bla bla.
    Well, since you put the pot on the stove, let's see what cooks up.

Sample banner logo.

I will get right on it! Whether I come up with anything useful is another story, but I will work on it.

As far as tee shirts et al, I have no problem with you taking a profit on them if the money goes to the site.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    As far as tee shirts et al, I have no problem with you taking a profit on them if the money goes to the site.
    And I will guarantee you at least one sale on a mug, a tee shirt and anything else that your devious mind can contemplate. Carlo: You might think in terms of embroidery as well as print and electronic. Might make a nice design for a golf-style shirt or similar.

Let the game begin, say I. And may the best designer win.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

try this again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Happy_Hamer; 06-20-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Nice.
    ...and welcome to The Island.:)

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

I second that....nice. I am not much of an artist, but i would love to look at the submissions. I enjoy looking at artist's work. Count me in for a mug, and t-shirt.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger