Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: HamIsland Logo Search!

KISS is mostly the best, i agree.
    Sorry for my brainfart ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

An old school fluted or scalloped knob maybe? The current one looks like a track ball. But it's getting better with all the input. Maybe lose the drop shadow on the radio bezel, for simplicity?

It's really starting to look nice.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    An old school fluted or scalloped knob maybe? The current one looks like a track ball. But it's getting better with all the input. Maybe lose the drop shadow on the radio bezel, for simplicity?

The drop shadow is a corporate thing. They don't accept designs without them. It's something that the marketing guys insist on but then again they are the biggest hooker and blow supporters in the country and make up 70% of the hooker and blow GDP.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post

Easy to loose the drop shadow, about ten seconds work. A scalloped knob is a little trickier but I will see if I can come up with something.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Easy to loose the drop shadow, about ten seconds work. A scalloped knob is a little trickier but I will see if I can come up with something.
    Make a pattern with a straight line then find a pleasing way to bend it 180 (semi circle) degrees then duplicate that and flip it.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Make a pattern with a straight line then find a pleasing way to bend it 180 (semi circle) degrees then duplicate that and flip it.
    It don't work that way in Adobe Illustrator.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Something like that. Could be improved upon.

Turned out not to be as big a problem as I thought it might be thanks to AI's Distort filter. Took a few tries to get it right but here we go. It didn't look right in the old color so I changed it to gray, along with the window frame and switched from a radial gradient to a linear one, which is what I should have used in the first place. I took the numbers off too, they seemed unnecessary.

FYI, I still have all the other iterations saved as-is so it's no big deal to serve up whatever version is decided upon for the final.

I like it!

May I pick a nit? The kerning in the text looks a little off. M & I should be a tad closer together (almost looks like two words).